• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
All I can say is that kid better hope his dad hangs in there for many years. With an attitude like that he is going to be out of business very quick once he take over! And I hope any of the workers who saw that BS start looking for other places to work once the dad is gone!

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'm getting on in years. My son has some maturing to do. I hope to last as long as I need to last.

A good man sells me steel & aluminum. He's older than me. Like me, he's second generation in the family business. Like me he has a son to take over. His son is even more cocky than my son. We've kidded about "I'm sure glad I don't have your son."

His son has grown into a man I will be happy to do business with when the unthinkable happens. His son is a good friend of my son.

We shape, we mold, we hope. When it is over for us, the next generation is the product we produced. That product is how we will be judged.

I desperately hope my father was judged favorably for the son he produced.

I desperately hope I will be judged favorably for the sons I produced. I have expanded my product to sons of other people. I'm pretty damned proud of my work! All but one have brought back some wonderful daughters in law. The one hold out assures he will never bring a wife here. That too is OK.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
I'm getting on in years. My son has some maturing to do. I hope to last as long as I need to last.

A good man sells me steel & aluminum. He's older than me. Like me, he's second generation in the family business. Like me he has a son to take over. His son is even more cocky than my son. We've kidded about "I'm sure glad I don't have your son."

His son has grown into a man I will be happy to do business with when the unthinkable happens. His son is a good friend of my son.

We shape, we mold, we hope. When it is over for us, the next generation is the product we produced. That product is how we will be judged.

I desperately hope my father was judged favorably for the son he produced.

I desperately hope I will be judged favorably for the sons I produced. I have expanded my product to sons of other people. I'm pretty damned proud of my work! All but one have brought back some wonderful daughters in law. The one hold out assures he will never bring a wife here. That too is OK.
My dad always said: "You can judge how the children were raised when you see the grandchildren." I have found that to be pretty accurate. over the years.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
As the saying goes, there is a reason for everything, just need to find the silver lining in it. That engine being toasted beyond repair was the silver lining in another problem that could of happened and cost more down the road as it destroyed more plus a tow bill. Might been same price as previous sentence as the new engine block, but it was done in comfort of your own home without the stress of dealing with it on the road in possible historic snow storm.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Now I am growing angrier

Engine is on its back, pulled and gauged two mains, 4(thrust)&7
Does not register on Red
Crank coming out to Mic it
Will be written down when done all rods all mains.07F2380B-1F86-4D5A-BDC9-2053E1368B94.jpeg07F2380B-1F86-4D5A-BDC9-2053E1368B94.jpeg2E561AAF-9896-4AEE-91C5-C8D6A47B110E.jpeg