• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
How many new head bolts?

ALL and New Washers too. Went to get my Int'l Compound No.2 out to lube them as Cat no longer sells their bolt assembly lube, was told IC#2 works as well. Well my supply is over 70 years Old(Was 1/2 a can when a old hand gave it to me) Old Hand got it from had it over his entire career of thirty some years, it is also almost empty and reached in, is a Rock as well nowhere near enough. Found a new can and having it shipped in.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Same as 71, 92 and 53 series bolt lube!! Peanut Butter, used it on Cummins, Driptroits, Gas engines, just all around good stuff. And a LITTLE goes almost as far as Anti Seize.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Moved more crap OUT of the building, trailer almost ready to haul to scrapper. Moved temp workbench to other side of truck where will be more essential and peeled open the new turbo, a real prize working in shipping, at least none of the foam entered the mechanism. Have the Idiot light sensor and what I presume is the Temperature gauge sender to replace, are o-ring boss straight thread but no CAT ID Markings on them, had gotten started on T-stat housing work.. Need to stop by hardware store and pick up more sweeping compound, no need for dust flying everywhere.
IMG_9326.JPG IMG_9327.JPG IMG_9328.JPG
IMG_9329.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Now the FUN News on this, the two wire Gauge unit, $47 and change, the SINGLE wire unit is $249 and change, parts man going to check if a Misprint as he did not remember these being so EXCESSIVE high, numerous odds and ends ordered, be a few days to receive.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
T-stat housing, exhaust manifold and new turbo on, clocked cartridge set drain line and installed but not connected the oil feed, will oil that up just before pressure lube engine just to make certain is well enough oiled, worked on Cab heater box some more as ran down on pieces just placed, have hoses being changed out where need to make another list for KW, hung a few odds and ends Left side figured out the puzzle pieces to come out of the box next. Picked up the floor sweep compound yesterday, did a little cleaning then set off the burn barrel and eliminated a PILE. Got a pic of bunk back together.

IMG_9337.JPG IMG_9338.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Another load of KW parts, even got the 6NZ turbo to Air Charge Cooler tube, local Carquest made up new fuel lines from/to tanks and the soft lines on engine. Today got that wild hair lined back up, got Rolling Tetanus running loaded and bound down.
MAYBE swap it to JY one of next weekends.

IMG_9359.JPG IMG_9361.JPG IMG_9363.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Will add, yesterday ordered the fuel injectors from a recommended source, Diesel Controls of OH, while thinking too hard ordered the air bags, lines shocks and ride height valve from KW. Diesel Controls asked if I could send my cores in, may be having to build them as the series of injector they are are slim in supply and likely will have to be after the 29th as repair rebuild parts for these are extremely slow in arriving.