• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

skyking1

I had a graveyard shift scheduled for the night after the day of the shot. I am glad it got cancelled, I had that 100 fever thing that only ran 6 hours or so, right into that shift.

colson04

Mrs. B complained her eyes hurt after she got Johnson & Johnson along with other symptoms. I thought that didn't make sense, but I hear that's common.

I had the J&J shot 2 weeks ago. I felt tired the next day, like I didn't sleep the night before, but otherwise no side effects at all. My wife has the second Pfizer vaccine yesterday. She was tired in the afternoon, but has suffered no other side effects yet.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I had the J&J shot 2 weeks ago. I felt tired the next day, like I didn't sleep the night before, but otherwise no side effects at all. My wife has the second Pfizer vaccine yesterday. She was tired in the afternoon, but has suffered no other side effects yet.
My symptoms weren't debilitating, but sitting was more appealing than yard work. I had NO energy!

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I had a graveyard shift scheduled for the night after the day of the shot. I am glad it got cancelled, I had that 100 fever thing that only ran 6 hours or so, right into that shift.
I never did check my temperature. Through the night I was sweating, then freezing. I'd guess I ran a fever of some mild level.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
No it seems each has their own reactions to the stuff
Some worse some less, my own were not that severe except from my side of it just a few experience much worse.
Doc I asked of it said my level of arthritis is easily awakened by this and did not surprise him, said I should have taken the next day off and symptoms could have been lessened but as I am a workaholic he said he doubted would have been any different.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
BTW, sleeves set yesterday, set 1&6 piston/rod assemblies, rolled crank down and was setting #2 when the compressor I have had for forty years decided time to be a Witch and I dinked a oil ring, retried with ring from second set dinked that b*****d as well so on the net, ordered a PT 7040 Clamp type and called KT to order two more ring sets. Also cut crap out of finger Left hand with it so was madder than a wet hornet bleeding on nearly everything.

NOT going to repeat until compressor comes in and ring sets arrive where can finish that evolution, then set shim, spacer and maybe head. Will be moving new head back to truck side today then disassembling the rest of the old head to situate it with remaining scrap. this was assembly station for Sleeve rings, washed, final clean with a little more acetone,(tan can) clean oil for top band(red can) and soap for lower rings/band. Two at a time until all seated and two bolts gently keeping in place. Piston showing Offset skirt base to cooler spray nozzles. Gaining room and bench space continually, also ordered per suggestion of local body shop a Eastman Co Devilbis HVLP Kit two guns three cups and DeKups system initial set.

IMG_9253.JPG IMG_9254.JPG IMG_9257.JPG

Last edited:

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
BTW, sleeves set yesterday, set 1&6 piston/rod assemblies, rolled crank down and was setting #2 when the compressor I have had for forty years decided time to be a Witch and I dinked a oil ring, retried with ring from second set dinked that b*****d as well so on the net, ordered a PT 7040 Clamp type and called KT to order two more ring sets. Also cut crap out of finger Left hand with it so was madder than a wet hornet bleeding on nearly everything.

NOT going to repeat until compressor comes in and ring sets arrive where can finish that evolution, then set shim, spacer and maybe head. Will be moving new head back to truck side today then disassembling the rest of the old head to situate it with remaining scrap. this was assembly station for Sleeve rings, washed, final clean with a little more acetone,(tan can) clean oil for top band(red can) and soap for lower rings/band. Two at a time until all seated and two bolts gently keeping in place. Piston showing Offset skirt base to cooler spray nozzles. Gaining room and bench space continually, also ordered per suggestion of local body shop a Eastman Co Devilbis HVLP Kit two guns three cups and DeKups system initial set.

View attachment 237943 View attachment 237944 View attachment 237945
Get out the super glue.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Did that, more than once, tore it up tearing it apart when hit it again!! Took the rest of the night off.

This morning moved both heads back to Truck side.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Old driptroit Piston installers, Liner 'Stuffers' were really handy, JY has all of my DD Diesel Stuffers. Currently sorting bolts, washers, remnant pieces, have to get three head bolts with stud extensions and a few odd fittings that are quite corroded on the head. Need to get the New head on cribbing and a sheet of wood support to swap all the extraneous parts then it can be set. Have set the oil pump and support tray, have to sort thru the o-rings I have and find the tube seals to install them, then the Oil pan.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well spoke to the real expert on these engines, The studded head bolts are a delete from ACERT to 6NZ Clone, Not a issue. Number of small points on the engine will get a facelift for the Delete.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Head is at a STOP, rear cap cover will NOT budge, broke two T40 TorX bits and screws never moved, even tried heat. Gonna order a New cover and screws be done there. Small stuff on top is swapped, need to swap lifting eyes and a few small fittings with Intake snorkel and once Cam Cover and Cam are in then on the block it goes. Polished on cam, cleaned it and stepped away for a bit, came back reinspected and have to polish a few spots a little more

Oil pump tubes all secured and completed, Was having concerns as to the bolts and where they had come out for these, were in the WRONG places for four of them, also had a stripped pan bolt hole rear and one front covers, 3/8 16 so helicoiled and all good again, pan is Up, replaced 'Isolater' gasket.

Note, Pan HAD to have been off in the past, are several 3/8-16 bolts for the reinforcement tray/plate and the oil pump tubes, discharge is held to block by two 1.5" bolts NO Washers per SIS, two other 1.5" bolts WITH washer for plate under mains, three small dia washer 3/8-16 5/8' long are remainder to plate three same size Large Washer one to Suction tube at pump boss and two on one mount brace, other mount brace gets two remaining 1.5" with large washer bolts. They were all but three in wrong locations. That and the two retainer bolts being stripped in the end covers.