• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Back to fun and games, called a buddy of mine works as Independent, supposed to run his sleeve puller by Mon to Tues night, tried a Oak block and four pound, No movement, tried a home spun puller and no luck so before Damage anything important getting a sleeve puller designed to do this. While on hold removed Right Fuel tank, moved front mount back to Original position, awaiting MoSHP for ID/OD VIN verification to reset Left side, will be calling KW Monday as to rear support mounts for Battery and Tool boxes. Also removed a great deal of unused materials that were associated to the pusher axle.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
My bud from St.Charles has one as such
Said may sell it cheap if I like it!!
As stated has not used since bought!!

MD, not sure where wb is going if going
Once tanks are back in original locations will think on it

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Fairly certain cables will reach OE style box with length to spare after cut away trash ends. They had these sewn thru the air lines and tied across top of left air tank, right air tank was installed reversed direction(obvious) as the ports on top were set such that the tank drains were 15-20 degrees off bottom. Been around wrench benders as this LONG ago. JY admits he was pushing them to get truck on road during that time, he was busy at other aspects trying to stay afloat. Will most likely take the two compartment tank from this side to the dealer north of here, trade for a straight fuel tank as doing away with the wet kit pieces.

Old Doug

There is always alot of wrongs to wright with a new to you truck.The one i used and like the best was a low mileage 25 year old that had a small engine fire and was parked. It had no windsheild,engine,trans, interor and was missing alot of other stuff a blank canvas.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Always some surprises in new to you equipment, some not so extreme others pretty ugly, not much insurmountable. Boys that extended the OEM cables appeared to have used a sledge and a Anvil for swage tools on the crimp connectors. That oddball red wire was ran from a connector at the Hood L feeder back to the firewall to the Air Cleaner lamps and into the L sleeper compartment floor for Trailer feed. Both door inner access lamps were destroyed where were snagging on shirt so pulled them, the Left one had a Wood screw run thru the Hot side wire!!! May have been the intermittent short, KNOW will be others yet to find!!

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Ok, so wife and I get back from Doc office
She has a small mass they want to biopsy
Typically benign but not chancing it.
She is a little worried but not.

So get to house and Bud had been by
Left a note, send $300 and keep it as will never need it!!
Almost ten minutes later. Why did I stay so cheap and beat old sleeves until I was in submission!!
ALMOST ten minutes
9CE08789-B155-4617-9AE6-BEB7187CF7F1.jpeg

Oh and BTW, cash is in the mail!!!!

Last edited:

petepilot

h
Ok, so wife and I get back from Doc office
She has a small mass they want to biopsy
Typically benign but not chancing it.
She is a little worried but not.

So get to house and Bud had been by
Left a note, send $300 and keep it as will never need it!!
Almost ten minutes later. Why did I stay so cheap and beat old sleeves until I was in submission!!
ALMOST ten minutes
View attachment 230977

Oh and BTW, cash is in the mail!!!!
have to give you credit`when you go you go :p

Truck Shop

With my S & O one turn with 1/2 long ratchet to brake them loose then spin them up with a 3/8 air ratchet.
For 12.7-14L Series 60, DD13, 15, 16.---The 14L Series 60 the rod won't pass through the liner. Only $1,250.
pictured below
j-45876_-w_1920x1440_1.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Running all morning so little time spent this afternoon where did throw a DA with 320 across the deck with sleeves out. Hand sanded upper bores, No Obvious hairlines even sprayed with penetrant or brake clean.

I believe the deck will survive, this is my 40 year old straight edge.

IMG_8776.JPG IMG_8777.JPG IMG_8778.JPG IMG_8779.JPG

Two sleeves did show signs of sidewall cavitation started, all lower seal rings hard as glass.