• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Appreciate the heads up on hitch. Likely be a Fifth Wheel type that will be pulled with it.

Very nice looker you have.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Hood off, cleared Rat Turds from cylinders and brush nests ALL Over. Old battery box OFF, drained oil.

Attachments

• IMG_8715.JPG
    IMG_8715.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8717.JPG
    IMG_8717.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 35

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Then the FUGLY!!
Drained the stuff what was inside the Fuel tanks, HAD to HAVE DOOR OPEN!! STANKY!!
Pulled piston/rod assemblies, #s 1&6 were close to dangerous point, journals still look OK.

IMG_8727.JPG IMG_8728.JPG IMG_8729.JPG IMG_8730.JPG

Did take a Direct Hit, sludgy oil in Pump Delivery Side tube, Direct to hat and Forehead, at least NOT Detroit Oil.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Eventuality is to Decompress to a 6NZ level, for pistons, replace the head, new bearings and gaskets, SINGLE turbo kit then have the Processor reflashed to eliminate the ACERT equipment. ALL new hoses, lines, tubes if can be bought, will be up late on SIS for the order list. Will be pulling down the Front Rear and Thrust Mains next to see what look like.as are the severe wear points, also be pulling sleeves and inspecting counterbores as well block deck.

Chassis will get fuel tanks repositioned to OE Points then either buy or fab the Rear Toolbox and Battery Box mounts, reconstruct the stack support tables on those and hang all those. Already know the Brake treadle is frozen in place, floor matts are shot where will get pulled, Driver seat base is corrupted beyond repair passenger seat base is a Storage(Sh!t) box and seats themselves well worn so time to Update seating as well new seat belting. Misc trouble spots for Air Lines, hose hangers rusted away piecemealed with Nylon ties, exhaust is a full reconfigure where uncertain if will Twin stack or Single Road Dump, Frame while Open will get rough sanded and a heavy coat of rust inhibitor Black loaded, once at the close phase when get air ride all rebuilt will consider if budgeted for Full Cab/Sleeper repaint but running gear is being painted, Here. Also due for and will be rebuilding all foundation brakes if not repairing or replacing many air brake valves.

But that ALL depends on Engine Build. Still has a PTO hanging, no pump or other devices so may consider removal when drain box for refill as also Leaks.

Last edited:

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I did what you are doing to my 05 C15. set mine to 550hp. Runs super nice, you will not be disappointed. What is the engine prefix? the only trouble I had was my computer would not take the new program. mine was a BXE engine. I was told the BXE computers can be temperamental. I switched to a 6NZ computer. Right or wrong thats how it went for me.
I think they only made the BXE for a year or two. Someone will be along to correct me shortly. LOL :)
Anyways Looks like a good project. should keep you busy for awhile.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Still has a PTO hanging, no pump or other devices so may consider removal when drain box for refill as also Leaks.
Rip that PTO off, makes easier to get under there and to pull or put transmission on, I'm sure you already know that. drivetrainamerica.com will have replacement cover unless TS knows of better place, I'm all ears if he does. Pulled mine off and put a cover on, best idea yet in that regards.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Local salvage company north of here will have one of the covers, build dump trucks there, may even buy the PTO. If requires a processor will go that way, as is a BXS ACERT, snatched the second turbo mount and mini intercooler off yesterday, can actually see the water pump now.

Also ordered a APTIV(Delphi) connector kit and extra connectors, quite a few have broken latches, a number been cut out.

Last edited:

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Its a PDI kit. Than I have a friend that does computer stuff so he did that part. Some of it I make up like the turbo oil return and the inlet piping and exhaust. Cost around $7000 by the time I was done.