• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Powered grease guns

PSDF350

With the lack of comments on above grease gun I went ahead and bought a lincoln 12v with 2 batteries for 162.99 on ebay today. Plus a field charger for 23.99. For both deliverd it came to 193.97. Now can't wait to get it and not having to do by hand :slomo

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
When it comes to lubrication, Lincoln has always been a dependable brand. I have no experience with these power guns, but their hand pumps have always been good to me.

PSDF350

Thanks Steve. I knew Lincoln was a good quility product thats why when I found this one for the price and hearing nothing good or bad about the other one I figuired to good a price to pass up. That other one does look like a nice one though. I just know that greasing this skidder is a royal pain with all it's zerks. That I wanted something to make it a bit easier on my hands. There are like 30 or so grease points.

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
Steve Frazier said:
When it comes to lubrication, Lincoln has always been a dependable brand. I have no experience with these power guns, but their hand pumps have always been good to me.

Well, I have had time with the Lincolin gun. Never have looked back at the manusal gun since. I can pump about three tubes of grease with a battery before needing a recharge in the summer or warmer weather. Colder weather cuts this to around two tubes.

Stroker

PSDF350 said:
With the lack of comments on above grease gun I went ahead and bought a lincoln 12v with 2 batteries for 162.99 on ebay today. Plus a field charger for 23.99. For both deliverd it came to 193.97. Now can't wait to get it and not having to do by hand :slomo

Same here, we may have purchased from the same person!

Lincoln 1244 w/ 2 batteries.. $159.95 + $6.50 for shipping. Was the cheapest "Buy It Now" price I could find. It pays to search ebay thoroughly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45015&item=7565962012

Stroker

PSDF350 said:
It sure does Stroker. But I must of missed that one. Oh well just a couple dollar differance.

I almost purchased one from the same seller for $169. The guy had atleast 5 or 6 auctions up at one time for the exact same gun and they were all different prices. Anywhere from $159-$179

I noticed other sellers were doing the same thing. I can't say as I understand the tactic.....

PSDF350

I noticed that the guy I bought mine from for 162 also had one for like 20 or so cheaper. But it turned out that it came with only one battery. So I spent the extra to get 2 batteries.

atgreene

Anyone else had issues with the licoln batteries. Mine are lasting less than a year each before they won't take a charge. At $70.00 per pop, it is a little pricey to have to replace a battery each year.

I've run Texas Refinery for years. My father put me onto it from years ago when he was in excavating. I don't use anything else, so I don't know what to compare it to, other than some valvoline we used to use where I worked. I know it holds-up better than that.

atgreene

I'm going to bump this back up to ask a question, anyone using Amsoil? My Amsoil dealer wants me to try it, and I'm out of Texas Refinery. The Texas stuff worked ok, not real impressed on the bucket pins on the excavator, as it seemed to go away after 4-5 hours of digging, and my top knuckle will squeek 8 hours after greasing it.

I also am looking to go to 35 lb. pails and refill my guns that way. My 12 v lincoln quit, and I'm thinking that for the $70 or so each year I spent on batteries and the $200 to go to the new 14 v, I may be better off with hand pump or air off the truck.

Is bulk barrel grease worth it, or stay with tubes?

nedly05

My lincoln batteries are only 6 months old and they already don't hold a charge all that great.:Banghead

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have used Amsoil grease. I did not really think it was all that great. I am a big believer in Amsoil but the grease was not that impressive at least to me. My wife was happy I stopped using it. That crap does not come out of clothes and stains everything it touches.

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
I have switched to Salesrep's grease and have found it to be good. I was previously using a grease from Lubrication Engineers that was excellent. I tried Salesrep's grease and found it to be just as good but a cheaper.
KSSS, try spraying a heavy concentrate of simple green on the grease spots on your clothes before they go in the laundry. They will come out clean as new. Also, when wiping excess grease off the equipment, a rag wet with simple green cleans really well.

Jeff D.

I guess I'll need to be looking at one of those electric grease guns too, now. My old lever style has been acting up pretty often lately. It cavitated and quit pumping three times in one tube tonight.:Banghead

These Lincoln's electric's, do they need to be purged of air and all that stuff every time you're switching tubes, or can you just slide the tube in, thread the body on, and go?

That would sure be nice if it did!!:cool2

PSDF350

I guess I'll need to be looking at one of those electric grease guns too, now. My old lever style has been acting up pretty often lately. It cavitated and quit pumping three times in one tube tonight.:Banghead

These Lincoln's electric's, do they need to be purged of air and all that stuff every time you're switching tubes, or can you just slide the tube in, thread the body on, and go?

That would sure be nice if it did!!:cool2

Yes but just 1/2 3/4 thread let spring lever thingy:beatsme go and tighten should be all set to go.

JDOFMEMI

I have switched to Salesrep's grease and have found it to be good. I was previously using a grease from Lubrication Engineers that was excellent. I tried Salesrep's grease and found it to be just as good but a cheaper.
KSSS, try spraying a heavy concentrate of simple green on the grease spots on your clothes before they go in the laundry. They will come out clean as new. Also, when wiping excess grease off the equipment, a rag wet with simple green cleans really well.

Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to put in a plug for salesreps grease as well. Only difference is I get it in a 500 gallon tote, and refill barrels out of it for our lube trucks.
Good stuff.
Hard to clean up, but that also means it stays where you put it

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Salesrep's grease also cleans up real good with simple green.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Someone clue me in on the salesman's grease. I will take note of the Simple Green trick.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Someone clue me in on the salesman's grease. I will take note of the Simple Green trick.

Here is his site: Shaeffer

I'm sure if you send him a PM, he can give you some more info.

Look up "salesrep" in the member list. :thumbsup

N.B.CONCRETE

Occupation
OWNER
I use Lincoln too and find batteries the weak point. I use Irving grease because its readily available here.