• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Im just the operator. Wide track is the same machine, only difference is tires, front bucket, and stabilizers. It's hit or miss here, some guys have had great luck, some have had bad luck with the N's. Im a case guy but id like to spend a few days in a 310SK that has case 4stick. Ive run one with pilots for a few hours already.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
got a couple calls this week thanks to my tow truck buddies. to pull some people who were stuck in the mud on Tuesday and again on Friday. yes that was a new chevy with like a 19-20 yo messing up daddies new truck

Attachments

• KIMG0193.jpg
    KIMG0193.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,308
  • KIMG0197.jpg
    KIMG0197.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,293
  • KIMG0200.jpg
    KIMG0200.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,322

Extractorfan

Occupation
operator earthmoving machines
Hi all, as promised pictures of my new CAT 444F, it has been sitting in our yard for 2 weeks awaiting a registration number so it can be used legally on the highway (slack CAT dealers did not send the correct information to the UK licencing authority, so the paper work bounced back to me twice). Anyway I have been out and done 3 small jobs with it today along with plenty of roading, backhoe smooth as silk, torque converter stall ratio improved so she gets off the mark quicker and most importantly it has torque converter lock up in 4th and 5th gears so it hangs on to the higher gears longer up hills. Also you do not need to run the engine "flat out" to obtain a decent top speed so that should save fuel, time will tell as regards reliability - early days.
Ex tractor fan.PA310357.jpgPA310358.jpgPA310359.jpgPA310360.jpg

Yassen-TE

Occupation
Musician;backhoe operator
Looks great!
Is it standart stick,or it is longer (optional)?
I thing the MICHELIN tyres are good (not so much like GOODYEAR). I had two front 12,5/80 R18 Michelins on my CASE 580 SLE and I used it whole 7 years:cool2

Extractorfan

Occupation
d4c24a, thanks for your comments, I have bought the CAT because it still has the pre Tier 4i engine so hopefully less complication & better fuel economy. Also compared to our 2013 JCB 3CX the CAT wireing harness, hose runs & paint quality are better. Would you know how to contact The British Equipment Forums people as I can log in but it will not allow me to post on the site?Take care,
Extractorfan.

Extractorfan

Occupation
Hi Yassen-TE, thanks for your comments, our CAT 444F has the extendable stick but it is same as the one fitted to the 434E, there is a longer one offered but this machine was one of 4 in stock at the CAT factory in Desford UK. The Michelin tyres are crossplys, the CAT 434E we traded in was on the same tyres but after 1300 hours they were half worn but we do a lot of road travel. The Michelin MXCL radials are much better wearing tyres, the JCB 3CX we recently traded in had the radials fitted and after 2600 hours the rears were only half worn but the fronts were down to 25% good. Also we did not have a single puncture in 3 years. Have you found the Case machines to be reliable?
Ex tractor fan.,

h

Yassen-TE

Occupation
Musician;backhoe operator
Hi,EXTRACTORFAN!
Thank's for the answer!
I have my own CASE 580 SLE,2001 4x4,extendahoe with 4in1 front bucket. I bought it from Germany in 2005. It was only 2400 real hours! It is great machine,with almost no problem! The biggest problem was the boom cylinder,but it is unfortunately usual for this model. SLE is one of the stronger CASE model,like K's. Next R models are not so reliable,there is slower hydraulic,more fuel cost,not pretty and strong backhoe boom... But I heard good news for the new Case T model. There s TIER 4 engine with great fuel economy,very good transmission,ang- finally the great CASE trade structure of the backhoe boom!
Bay the way,friend of mine have a few CAT's E serie,he is very satisfied. He bought one JCB 3CX 2012,with fuel optionals and he is very disappointed. There is enourmus fuel cost (more than on CAT's),in 800 hours the breaks leaks. Two weeks before he bought again CAT (F) and he is happy again!

Best regards-Yassen-TE

Extractorfan

Occupation
Hi,EXTRACTORFAN!
Thank's for the answer!
I have my own CASE 580 SLE,2001 4x4,extendahoe with 4in1 front bucket. I bought it from Germany in 2005. It was only 2400 real hours! It is great machine,with almost no problem! The biggest problem was the boom cylinder,but it is unfortunately usual for this model. SLE is one of the stronger CASE model,like K's. Next R models are not so reliable,there is slower hydraulic,more fuel cost,not pretty and strong backhoe boom... But I heard good news for the new Case T model. There s TIER 4 engine with great fuel economy,very good transmission,ang- finally the great CASE trade structure of the backhoe boom!
Bay the way,friend of mine have a few CAT's E serie,he is very satisfied. He bought one JCB 3CX 2012,with fuel optionals and he is very disappointed. There is enourmus fuel cost (more than on CAT's),in 800 hours the breaks leaks. Two weeks before he bought again CAT (F) and he is happy again!

Best regards-Yassen-TE

We also have a 2013 JCB 3CX with Tier 4 engine and it uses more fuel than our2010 3CX did. Hope your CASE continues to give you good service.
Regards Ex tractor fan

Bill Smith

Occupation
Rental House Owner
Here is a shot of my last hoe . I gave her up a year ago to a good home Had over 9000 hrs and still ran strong
It was a good machine.I have to say the Super E was built for the operator in mind . A Little bit more power than the D and C I do mis it but just a little to much to keep her up just for a hobby

Attachments

• CIMG3246.JPG
    CIMG3246.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 1,623

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Awesome tractor Bill, probably my favourite model, would have been a sad day when she left...... made the new owner happy I bet.
I hope it still looks that good!

hootowl

Occupation
Retired
Hello, new to the forum.

I've had two hoes over the last 10 years. An old 1973 Ford 4500 Industrial that I picked up locally for $6300. That was my first hoe. I needed something for the property. Clearing trees and adding buildings.

0001.jpg

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,447

hootowl

Occupation
Retired
0002.jpg

Sold that one in 2005 on ebay for $5000 after many hard hours.

Bought an 83 JD 310A in 05
Just sold it on CL. Paid $8000 for it. Sold it 2 weeks ago for $8000.

0004.jpg

So now I have my middle age crisis corvette on the way. 2010 JCB 3CX15. Should have it next week.

hootowl

Occupation
Retired
That looks like a good size stump for that backhoe.

When they are that big it takes a good hour of digging a trench around it and severing all the roots. Then I work it with the shovel curl, ripping dirt out of the underside till it's light enough to rock. Rock it for a while then it will break loose. After that I basically roll them into the woods to provide shelter for all those poor creatures.

Took out probably 40 stumps with that hoe and the older Ford. Maybe five were of that size.

Here is a pic of the 73 Ford getting delivered to it's new owner up in New York. Can you believe this guy drove that 6 ton machine up there using a pickup truck!

0062.jpg

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Well at least it looks like he chained it down alright. Even a ratchet strap around all the glass. Truck must have helper bags since its not even sagging.