• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
We the local group FBO the volunteer fire department had no pull last year. The year before, we had a not old 6 ton New Holland excavator take the place of my old backhoe for setting blocks. I was delighted how nice the controls were. Swing seemed as mellow as other functions.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
If I remember correctly, swing sequence valve slows the swing by limiting flow volume as it approaches the stops either end of the swing. I feel (working from memory) the adjustments in it are affecting end of travel left & right, not center. There are parts in it that are exposed to weather. Rusty springs, valve balls blocked by rust were rendering both 580K tractors non functional.

JL Sargent

That JCB looks super clean. The Haulotte turns like an track excavator? That's quite the setup. I think you have it covered! :)

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
That JCB looks super clean. The Haulotte turns like an track excavator? That's quite the setup. I think you have it covered! :)
Hi JL.
The Haulotte has 4 wheel steer. You can select one axle only to steer, both axles to steer and turn tight and crab where both axles turn the same direction. It's amazingly manoeuvrable for its size. Much better than a conventional backhoe even at 11 tonnes.

Welder Dave

Just the extra swing is a great feature. Is the JCB quite heavy on the back end, wondering if it makes fine levelling difficult?

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Just the extra swing is a great feature. Is the JCB quite heavy on the back end, wondering if it makes fine levelling difficult?
Levelling is the same as any wheeled skid steer, you've got to develop the technique as the slightest bump or depression will bounce you off level. However the machine did come with a level bar which you can grab with the 4in1 bucket. Makes levelling much easier, faster and covers a wider area than the bucket width.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
That Haulotte is my dream come true! I've always said a backhoe has the hoe on the wrong end. Think broom & dustpan, both would be useless if attached to opposite ends of the broomstick.
Hi Willie.
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't get more of these Haulottes made and out there working. They are fantastically versatile and powerful. There is no single machine which can come close to the capabilities of the Haulotte Multijob.
The problem with too many buyers of earthmoving equipment is they look at the price before capability.