• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

ManicACMechanic

Adolphous,

The boom dropping and the backhoe spool leaking most likely have nothing to do with each other. The are several issues that let cylinders bleed down, leaks being one of them. But I think that if you have a leak large enough to let the boom bleed down, that would be a large quantity of oil lost. My bet would be on the cylinder packing, or spool load checks, in that order. Your newly obtained service manual will have procedures to check for packing bleed.

Others may disagree, thats my 2 cents...

Need to start a new thread on that one... :D

HTH
Dave
Concerning these spool load checks, is their purpose to block back flow until the fluid pressure builds up enough open the check valve, say to prevent the boom dropping before it begins lifting? My AC loader spools are like that , but have the valves built into the end of the spool. My Case hoe has them mounted outside the spool.

ManicACMechanic

Case Hoe 420B 005.jpg This is my new Case 420B. Just got it for 1500$, and it runs great, good tires, a few little squawks here and there but a coat of paint and new hoe seat and grill, and she's a digger.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
DSCF4340.jpg

this is my 2010 310sj at a dealer in fort myers i just go it delivered today at 9pm

Bill Smith

Occupation
Rental House Owner
Jamby I used to have a 580 B back in the late 70s that didn't look as good as yours
rig looks like she's in good shape

Extractorfan

Occupation
operator earthmoving machines
Hi all, here are a few pics of our backhoe/loaders, 3CX Contractor new July 2013 250 hours to date + CAT 434E new May 2012 1300 hours to date pics of this are on the day of delivery, this is shortly to be traded for a new CAT444F, I will post pics when it arrives. As our friends from the USA will note all of our machines in the UK are sideshift to allow us to get into the tight corners on our "small "island.
Take care,
Ex tractor fan.P4250390.jpgP4250391.jpgP4250392.jpg P6140314.jpgP6140315.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hi all, here are a few pics of our backhoe/loaders,

Cool tractors Extractorfan.:drinkup

I get the side shift backhoe, been a few predicaments that it would have come in very handy, but explain to us on the other side of the pond the equal sized front and rear tires. I assume they are also 4 wheel steer, another item we don't commonly see here either.:confused:

Extractorfan

Occupation
operator earthmoving machines
Hi CM1995,
thanks for your comments on our backhoe pictures, yes the equal sized tyred machines are four wheel steer (rear wheel steer for travelling on the road). I personally really like the equal wheel machines as we carry a lot of work installing agricultural land drainage, on wet sites the increased flotation and under axle ground clearance really helps. I also find the equal wheels to be more stable on steep sites. My last six machines have all had equal sized tyres, I also find that we do not have as many punctures as our 3CX.
Thanks for your interest.
Ex tractor fan.

d4c24a

pretty sure you mean front wheel steer for the road ,as it would be a ride of a life time at 40k :D
i operated one of the first 4cx,s back in the 90,s had plenty of teething troubles with it , rear wheel alignment was a major one

had a go in the cat at the factory , only a quick go but liked it

Catback

pretty sure you mean front wheel steer for the road ,as it would be a ride of a life time at 40k :D

I think he meant crab steer (all wheels steer in the same direction).

Oh. Nevermind. I see now that you were replying to Extractorfan.

Last edited:

d4c24a

i can remember the steering going out of sync on a long straight bit of the A30 at stockbridge , i tried to reline the fronts but it would not lock in
tried to road it in 4WS not a chance it was all over the place , managed to sort it by jacking all the wheels off the ground and going through all the modes

cheers graham

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
At 3245hrs, it's had a few little problems. The plastic fuel lines suck, 4 of them have worn threw and pissed fuel everywere at various hours. The clips on the ends suck to. The boom and dipper piston just had to be repacked. Crank case breather. All the hoses on the back end that go from the valve bank threw the swing tower rub against each other, the strap that bunched them together had to be cut out. Most of the hoses were showing steel early. For some reason it blows hyd. fluid out the breather on the tank. As far as operating it's great but its nothing compare to the L's as far as quality.

Maola

in what year did case start and stop making 580G 4x4 full spec ??? had one in ire in 93 cannot remember what year

case 580sm

Occupation
full time backhoe operator
JS580SL,

That's the first time I've anything that bad about a n series backhoe. I do hope it gets better for you, and it wont brake down anymore on you. Down where I live the n series rule out every other backhoe, and they never let down their owners. Btw I just bought a new n series backhoe, a 580sn wide track a size up from your 580 super. I get it this week. Cant wait to start using it, for a long time, but I will miss my 2006 580 super m.

cheers