• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

Effinay

Occupation
Getting organized with my own small business
Hey tb thanks for asking. This is an articulated machine which gives it great maneuverability, weighs in at about 7K pounds, powered by a six cylinder Arrow diesel. Front bucket is a little over 6', with the rear bucket at measuring in at 24". It rolls around on 4 "flotation" style tires which I really like as they seem to minimize the damage that the stock 16" tires would likely cause with a machine of this weight. Furthermore, being articulated enables me to maneuver in tight spots and not grind up the property like a skid steer might. As a loader, it seems a little clumsy and slow, but turn the seat around and set the outriggers and it digs like crazy! Like any combination machine, there always seems to be some compromises in one feature or another. For a first machine I think I've made a decent selection and am happy with it overall. Pins and bushings on the backhoe are in serious need of overhaul, and I'm hoping to get at all this over the winter.

Effinay

Occupation
I have no idea what the actual valur to purchase a machine of this type. I've seen those mini/midi rental type machines selling used for 8-10 grand. And most of them were straight jobs and only 2 wheel drive. I found this machine on Craigslist and got it home for $5,500. I tell this to everybody I know: When I die, don't let my wife sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it........

Effinay

Occupation
Hey there rb, how did you get to have your avatar? Seems we may have joined at about the same time and I haven't received permission to do so. Did you need to ask permission from a moderator?

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Hey there rb, how did you get to have your avatar? Seems we may have joined at about the same time and I haven't received permission to do so. Did you need to ask permission from a moderator?

just go to your control panel and add one............not too difficult..............

trost66

Greetings,
A newbie here at the forum and boy am I impressed! I wish I could found this site earlier. Alot of helpful info here. Have get the camera out a take a few pics.

jacob64

Occupation
Plant operator (since a was a wee loon)
Some great stories and machines in this thread ,there's one thing i have to ask ... why are all the backhoes on here configured the way they are ,ie...the backhoe in the middle and the long outriggers , must be awkward in a construction site/housing site ,especially if you have to dig a track hard up against a wall/house .

.You maybe thinking the same about our machines here in Europe lol .

OldandWorn

Some great stories and machines in this thread ,there's one thing i have to ask ... why are all the backhoes on here configured the way they are ,ie...the backhoe in the middle and the long outriggers , must be awkward in a construction site/housing site ,especially if you have to dig a track hard up against a wall/house .

Welcome to the forum jacob64!

I think the side shift's are a very slick idea. Somewhere on this forum or maybe in this thread, members have pointed out some goods and bads about each configuration.

pchaz1

Occupation
Self employed (construction field)
I have this same machine and so far I have replaced the engine and she operates perfectly. I just blew out a hydrolic hose for the back hoe and can't seem to find away to get the line out. Do you know if it requires a special tool? If not it looks like I will have to seperate all the lines to get to the one I need to fix.
Thanks,

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services

Not sure why, but the side shift doesn't seem as popular here in the states. Seems like a pretty good idea.

nova481

Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Here’s a picture someone sent me in an email. I think there is a safer way to stay out of the sun.

Ron

backhoe.jpg

nitro

Occupation
gc
after reading the tutorial on resizing and uploading pics , i figure ill just drive it to everyones house so the can look at my machine . this way it will be quicker for me and i might get a couple of beers out of it too!!!!!

Effinay

Occupation
You are a funny dude! You think that's something, wait till you try to make an avatar.......

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
after reading the tutorial on resizing and uploading pics , i figure ill just drive it to everyones house so the can look at my machine . this way it will be quicker for me and i might get a couple of beers out of it too!!!!!

You can start by coming over my house since im only 20 minutes away in Piscataway nj

nitro

Occupation
gc
allright , **** cat away is first on my list then up towards otter lake just north of ottawa . i wonder if i could bring the 580 or the rev 800 to that nice bar in maniwaki across from the skidoo dealer

Yassen-TE

Occupation
Musician;backhoe operator