• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

hookedondiesel

Putting the hood back on. The exhaust pipe is welded to the muffler so have to lift the hood over the end of the pipe. It's too heavy for me alone. A little green mechanical helper does the job.

View attachment 128121
That must be a pain, every time you need to take the hood off, you need another tractor.
There must be some other way, ...:confused:

hosspuller

That must be a pain, every time you need to take the hood off, you need another tractor.
There must be some other way, ...:confused:

It sure is a pain ... But the hood is set up to deter vandals and such. It's a single piece of metal. Weighs about 40 to 50 pounds and is awkward to handle. Even if I didn't have to lift the hood 3 feet higher than stock, I would still need help moving it on or off.

Now a shop with an overhead crane, and heat, and air conditioning, and a stocked fridge, ... or a new machine with a factory warranty .. I can dream.

Catback

Why not put an adapter on the muffler so you can unbolt it, and then hinge the hood? Obviously, the clamp would have to be placed at hood height, or slightly above.

GManBart

Occupation
Work for the Citizens of the U.S.!
My first backhoe got delivered yesterday. 2006 Case 580 Super M, cab, heat, E-hoe, Ride Control, Case controls, manual QA on the hoe, hydraulic QA for the GP bucket, and 5' forks, 2770 hours. I know a lot of folks seem to dislike the 3 stick setup, but I'm mostly a weekend warrior, so I'm okay if it's a bit slower, simpler, and less likely to break. So far the only thing I've found that doesn't work is the rotating beacon, and that appears to be because the neutral wire is broken...I'll fix that before long. I really wanted A/C, but not many machines around here have it, save for the very newest stuff. I was sort of hoping for a 4-in-1 bucket, or thumb for the hoe, but I think I'm going to look for a grapple for the loader since it's already plumbed for a 3rd function. They put a set of diverter valves on the loader so you can use the QA to attach a bucket, forks, grapple, etc, turn the valves, and connect an implement to the 3rd function. Regardless, I'm very happy with it.

Sorry this isn't an action shot...those will follow, but I'm working to finish/heat the shop in my barn before Winter really sets in!

http://papers.sae.org/600190/

GManBart

Occupation
Work for the Citizens of the U.S.!
Not sure how the SAE article got posted (something I was reading earlier today). Here's the machine:

DualsportWA

Me running my 1988-ish Case 580K up at the cabin. This backhoe is like an old pair of jeans. Rough around the edges, but comfortable, and it works just fine!
Gavin-Case580K-Arrival-Cabin-Crop.jpg
4x4 + Extendahoe = AWESOME!

Dirtdauber

Occupation
Semi Retired
Looks like I grabbed the wrong link but don't see a way to edit this post. Is there any way to do that?

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
You ought to have a snow bucket with all that traction,nice machine.Ron G

Onthemoney

530 ck

I hope this works, here is a picture of my new 530 CK the serial number says it's a 1966.
Okay second try....

Nice 530 ck wlas!

Here is a picture of my new to me 530ck....serial tells me its a 1964.

wlas how has yours been? Any pointers, problems or praises?

Attachments

• Case 1.jpg
    Case 1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 923

The Fireman

First post here so I'll chime in with my new to me backhoe, 2001 310SG with 4300hrs. Just finished up the deal today and it's being delivered thursday. This will be my second backhoe, its going to replace my 2 wheel drive 95 310D that I've had for the last 9 years. The D has been a great machine but I've gotten to the point where I need 4 wheel drive and this machine will fit the bill perfect.

I was on the hunt for a 410D or 410E but when the dealer I used to work for offered me this one for a good price I decided to jump on it. When I bought my other machine I was still working for the dealer, at that point I never figured I'd ever be owning a G series machine...they were still building them new at that point...on the plus side I did get to work on a few of them back then so made the choice that much easier for me.

image.jpg

The Fireman

thanks, I'm looking forward to being able to drive up the hill in my driveway with a load on the forks, 2 wheel drive just wont do it with a little snow on the ground. First project is to modify my carriage and forks to fit this machine so I can move lumber around, and be able to use my snow plow that hooks to the carriage in place of the forks. Going to pull the loader bucket replace the pins and bushings then put the forks on until the time comes to do some dirt work...a coupler might be in my future at some point.