• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Shimmy1

happening right now. about a mile from me there is a big high wheel spray rig with 40 foot booms on each side stuck buried to the axles in a field about 20 feet in front of him is a local tow co all wheel drive wrecker also buried to the axles. they were unloading a ctl as i passed. I expect that will be stuck also shortly
Been there, done that. Took two 50k lb track tractors, and me digging out around the wheels numerous times, but it came out in one piece.IMG_20200527_083721953.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here's a video neof the Liebherr Orion I hook failure... The ultimate overload. 5000 ton test load.

Side view of the lift.

Yeah but they never got anywhere near the test load value of 5500 tonnes. IIRC the hook assembly failed at just 2600 tonnes. Apparently the crane is being rebuilt with the intention of delivering it to the customer late this year.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
You are correct. That was the Richardson. Do you recall who’s rig that was? Oh’ and hey. Welcome to the HEF! Good to see another Alaskan.

59 North

You are correct. That was the Richardson. Do you recall who’s rig that was? Oh’ and hey. Welcome to the HEF! Good to see another Alaskan.

Thanks! Wasn't sure about making a comment.
If I recall correctly, it was one of the local company B Trains.

Guess one never knows when a slide will happen, just poor luck sometimes. That area has had a few slides over the years.
Road was closed at about 46 mile while DOT cleared a trail to get us by.

Glad to be able to read the site, very good information and history.
Over the years (probably starting in the early '70s?) I spent much time with various equipment,trucks, and marine equipment.