• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new truck

dgreene

new toy !:thumbsup
cat 475/550 18 speed46,000#rear 20,000#front jake, dual exhaust. Bought for contract haul.

Attachments

• N3614 (Small).jpg
    N3614 (Small).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 924

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Its hard to tell is the truck new ?

Looks good I think you will like the C-15 Cat for power especially with that one pre-emmisions. Being its a Pete where the chicken lights and more chrome you know Petes feel naked without it :bouncegri

Good to hear your able to make money with a gravel truck :thumbsup

jazak

Nice truck....even though I really don't care for black that is one nice truck:thumbsup :thumbsup

wrenchbender

Very nice :thumbsup are you trying to put your mechanic out of biz?Now he'll have nothing to fix:sleeping

atgreene

Nice looking rig! Nice name, btw, feel free to letter it up with your name and park it in my yard, my competition will get nervous:bouncegri .

dgreene

It's going to take a little gettin used to going from a mack that didn't even have a radio to a truck ewith all the bells and whistles:rolleyes:

ARPlante

Occupation
Owner, secretary, estimator, mechanic, janitor
Nice rig! For fun I was looking through some ads for trucks the other day and I saw that rig and I thought, "Man that sure would be nice to ride in!":bouncegri Congrats!

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Geez thats like going from a Geo Metro to a Cadillac :bouncegri

Kenworth is the more popular Paccar brand for a dump truck its pretty rare to see a Pete dump they are a little higher on the price scale.

A similar truck like that in B.C. without the booster axle would be a easy 160,000 dollars. A 379 Tractor is 150,000 with the C-15 550hp 244wb and flattop sleeper.

Have to get the Pete chrome book that will drain your wallet some :laugh

jmac

Real nice, I have a old Mack RD690 and would love to have a Pete. Maybe in a couple of years. Lots of trucking here but the pay is around $60 per hour so not real good if you are the sub. If I do my own trucking and not subbing for some else the rate is around $75 to $85, much better!

dayexco

i've always wondered how you pay for a truck, replace tires, brakes, engines, trannys, pay a driver, fuel.........on $60 an hour?

rino1494

i've always wondered how you pay for a truck, replace tires, brakes, engines, trannys, pay a driver, fuel.........on $60 an hour?

We have alot of friends with their own truck and they are hired out by the big excavating/paving companies. They only make $60-65/hr. Needless to say, none of them are getting rich. Our tri-axle rate is $70/hr, this year it will prolly go up a couple bucks.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Very nice
The first thing I do when we get a truck like that on the job is tell one of our new hires to go wet the haul roads. It never fails they drive right beside the truck with both sprayers on in 1st at about 3000RPMs. The drivers don't much care for guys that blast there shiny trucks with water.:wink2

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
That is a good looking rig! :notworthy
You'll be taking out grade stakes in style! Be careful though, keeping those Pete's shined up can become addictive. :bouncegri