1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

new ride

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by Tradesman, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Knepptune

Knepptune Senior Member

Nice ride. We have been looking into a swing seat boom truck. The neck breakers kill me. Lol btw those big trusses sure are fun to swing. The biggest I've set were 90' trusses 8' OC. By the time you hang a big enough spreader bar then the truss you've got a little weight out there. On those big trusses we usually set up inside the building.

2. classictruckman

classictruckman Senior Member

Tree Climber/339A Crane Operator
    I thought that was you, good luck on the tests, they are intimidating, but once you get over that they're not really that hard.

3. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    Oh-Canada !!

Oh! Canada.jpg

Attached Files:

4. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    This is a good looking rig Tradesman. I'm sure you will get lots of money with this thing. ;)

5. caterpillarmech

caterpillarmech Senior Member

Field Service Supervisor
  6. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    Canada day flag.jpg
    I like to fly the flag this way every Canada day weekend. I didn't have nerve to put all the stick out and leave unattended:eek:

7. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    This is one of our own jobs, very tight quarters not much room to set up or swing. This job is right on the lake we eat our lunch by the water the scenery is great. When I have time I will post some of our own jobs I will have to resize them
    regards
    Glen
    IMG-20130807-00261.jpg

8. stumper120

stumper120 Well-Known Member

sorry! but this is how its done. sweet truck and nice work though!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    holly crap thats one big ass flag. You got a full load of counter weights on :notworthy

10. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    This is our own job, I'll call it threading the needle. We have to put a 24 ft. beam inside the renovated portion of the house to support the ridge beam. In picture two you can see the roof section we picked off shingles and all it wieghed 3,600 #

IMG-20130903-00320.jpg IMG-20130903-00321.jpg IMG-20130903-00323.jpg

11. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    I got a call yesterday to set some "concrete slabs probably around 3 or 4 thousand pounds " they where 40ft x 4 ft. x 1 ft. hollow core slabs @ 13,000 lbs a peice I got them to level a area as close to building as was safe I put down every piece of cribbing I had, it went really well but I'm Glad it wasn't 5 ft. farther core slabs.jpg

12. td25c

td25c Senior Member

Thats interesting Tradesman.I like the hollow core slabs,lighter wieght yet still with good load bearing capacity.

13. kevin37b

kevin37b Well-Known Member

Operator #841
    You are going to hear CAN YOU REACH THAT in your sleep .

14. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    This is my own job, a 60x150 cattle barn it's been - 15 to -28 Celsius the entire time we have worked it .
    And that's my new bird dog pup.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  15. FSERVICE

FSERVICE Senior Member

very nice looking shorthair ;) I have 3 of them:) they are like tater chips you cant have just 1!!!!! remember that!! lol

16. lowbed driver

lowbed driver Well-Known Member

All right off topic. What you shooting?? You have some nice guns in that cabinet (nice dog too). My two favorite hobbies,Equipment and Guns, so I naturally need to ask. Back on topic, nice boom truck, I get to run a 15 ton Terex on a regular basis.

17. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    He is my second short hair, my five year old fully trained dog gunner was killed by a piece of farm equipment last September :( best dog I've ever had this new one has a big collar to fill, but he looks like he can do it

There is a pre 64 model 94 Winchester,browning t bolt 17 cal. Hmr, browning lever action 308, browning white gold madalion 300 WSM, matched pair of grade 3 browning citori 625 in 20 gage and 12 gage, 1960 browning superposed in 12 gage, browning a bolt 204 ruger, it took a long time to get them but I'm pretty happy with my collection. I hunt deer, turkey, duck, coyote, but my first love is grouse and pheasant with a well trained gun dog. Last fall was hell, no grouse hunting , looking forward to next summer training the new pup and first season next fall

18. lowbed driver

lowbed driver Well-Known Member

Should have known by the emblem on the gun cabinet that there would be a few 'Brownings' in your collection. Nice.

Grouse are something we now target as I started my son out on a few grouse hunts so we take a weekend, travel 300miles to a buddies cabin that is right in the middle of grouse heaven.

Good luck this fall and always, always make time to hunt.

Cheers Lowbed driver

19. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    image.jpg
    Nice day at the office. This house had two 53 ft trailer loads of steel in it, my first full day for 2014 hoping for a good summer
    image.jpg

20. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    This is the house I set the steel on at Christmas and early in the spring they where having no luck with there carpenters so my crew is there fixing mistakes and finishing the framing. Weirdest construction I've ever seen we packed all the I beams and are now putting the joist on hangers in between, then we have to build the slope on top with tapered 2 x, then sheath on top with 3/4" plywood. Looks like this could be the job that goes on and on, look forward to seeing how it turns out. The first and last picture are taken from the same spot looking both ways.
    The middle picture is of some core slabs I set today the black hats where on it laying block before I had my stabilizes pulled in, I was maxed out 13,000 lbs at 26 ft. Couldn't of went any better :)
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg