• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Case Skids ?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I assume you rented the machine from Titan, you may want to call your contact and make sure that the machine has the updates, before you try adjusting the speed. The updates are able to be field installed so since your paying to rent it, I would get them out there and update it assuming its not. Just for fun I maxed the settings on my TR320 just to see how fast it was. Its too fast at max settings, really did not think that was possible especially the lift arm curcuit.

majah94

Unfortuantely we didn't rent from Titan. The company I am working for rented it from their home location. Trying to get machines in ND & Montana right now isn't the easiest thing to do. Especially with the mild winter, there is still some work going on. Honostly, I figured it is easier to try and figure it out on this forum than to place phone calls back and forth. Either way the machine isn't going anywhere, I just wanted to try and make it better.

majah94

majah94 I can send you the directions to change the speed and sensitivity. The machine will have to be brand new or have the updated software loaded in it for all of it to work. The speed software came out last summer and the sensitivity came out the last part of the year. PM me your email and I will get you the instructions.

Goose, sorry I can't send a PM. I'm thinking its due to my being a probationary member. If there is a way you can e-mail me it would be appreciated. If not, just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring your offer.

JCBiron

Indeed, finding a competent sales guy would be quite enlightening. Just out of curiousity, was the dealership you were at an Ag dealer or a full line construction dealer?

Man! Us Ag/Construction dealers just can't catch a break! :)

I agree with your statement about max sensitivity....I'm not sure who would ever need or want to have a machine respond that quickly. Way to jumpy for my liking....Excellent feature to be able to adjust though.

xkv8r

We have two SR250 s. One had a mind of its own. Not only did the update program they also put in a new shim kit with bigger orifices. It made a world of difference. The tech said they had a some skids that no one wanted to unload off the truck they were so bad.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Man! Us Ag/Construction dealers just can't catch a break! :)

I agree with your statement about max sensitivity....I'm not sure who would ever need or want to have a machine respond that quickly. Way to jumpy for my liking....Excellent feature to be able to adjust though.

LOL! Well I was proven wrong in this case.

I really didn't think it was possible to have a machine respond too quickly, but these electronic controls are capable of responding too quickly. Maybe if you spent a good deal of time at max you could get used to it, but man you would have to replace the bucket stops in the mean time.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Indeed, finding a competent sales guy would be quite enlightening. Just out of curiousity, was the dealership you were at an Ag dealer or a full line construction dealer?

Well ! ......the other day my pal went to another dealer and had the found a new 185 that was spec'd very close to what he was looking for, minus hi-flo and the remote attachment control kit (14-pin plug-in) ....... and the Dealer was a combo Ag dealer (it was the dealer he went to in Dec that promised one in 2 mths ago) ..... anyways it had the cab w/air and 12x16.5" tires, not an add on either, 2-spd, ect., ect., ..... the sales man was VERY well informed on it and dialed it in to calm it down and all the stuff ... my buddy was majorly impressed ..... they claimed that the hi-flo is a possible dealer add on c/w attach control (which 14-pin is plug'n play) but was wondering if that hi-flo add-on if it is an after thought like the Jd I had and never worked well ....Or?... is he better off to factory order one c/w all the ops he is wanting ? ................ BUT ! ... all in all he is now back to the drawing board for the new one and seeing which dealer is gonna come to the Plate the best (including a Bcat dealer) ..... LOL ... kinda like a pissing match between BC and Case ...... even though his heart is with Case and Not a Fatter wallet to own a new one ...... I'm waiting to see if corporate gets involved with the "Honor Thy Closest Dealer thing" ..... seems like that is now the Bcat thing in BC now as soon as they find out your addy .... WOW ! ...... that'll be the day I get told where I can and cannot buy ! .......

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Well ! ......the other day my pal went to another dealer and had the found a new 185 that was spec'd very close to what he was looking for, minus hi-flo and the remote attachment control kit (14-pin plug-in) ....... and the Dealer was a combo Ag dealer (it was the dealer he went to in Dec that promised one in 2 mths ago) ..... anyways it had the cab w/air and 12x16.5" tires, not an add on either, 2-spd, ect., ect., ..... the sales man was VERY well informed on it and dialed it in to calm it down and all the stuff ... my buddy was majorly impressed ..... they claimed that the hi-flo is a possible dealer add on c/w attach control (which 14-pin is plug'n play) but was wondering if that hi-flo add-on if it is an after thought like the Jd I had and never worked well ....Or?... is he better off to factory order one c/w all the ops he is wanting ? ................ BUT ! ... all in all he is now back to the drawing board for the new one and seeing which dealer is gonna come to the Plate the best (including a Bcat dealer) ..... LOL ... kinda like a pissing match between BC and Case ...... even though his heart is with Case and Not a Fatter wallet to own a new one ...... I'm waiting to see if corporate gets involved with the "Honor Thy Closest Dealer thing" ..... seems like that is now the Bcat thing in BC now as soon as they find out your addy .... WOW ! ...... that'll be the day I get told where I can and cannot buy ! .......

That dealer location thing is in play everywhere and with most OEMs that I am aware of. My understanding is and I maybe wrong the CASE dealer that knows what he is doing can sell the machine to your buddy but will have to pay a fine/fee to the other dealer. Maybe Graham can explain that better but thats my understanding.

The CASE dealer here has added highflow on several of the new machines. It is doable, doesnt sound like it was a lot of fun. It usually costs more money to add it after the fact. I would order the machine new with exactly what I wanted if time was not an issue.

Good to hear you found a dealer that knows his trade. Again my apologizes to the Case Ag dealers out there, in this case the Ag dealer was more knowledgeable and helpful than the full line Construction dealer.

Either way at least your buddy was able to have the machine set so that he could fairly evaluate it. I spent the day pushing snow with my TR320. I am totally happy with the response of the E/H controls. I have dialed in about perfect. At this early point, I can say its about as responsive and controllable as I could hope for in any control system.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
That dealer location thing is in play everywhere and with most OEMs that I am aware of. My understanding is and I maybe wrong the CASE dealer that knows what he is doing can sell the machine to your buddy but will have to pay a fine/fee to the other dealer.............

I know one of the sales guys very well at one of the Bcat dealers, and he claims that it's not a fine but explains that if he does all the work putting the deal together he'll wind up splitting the commision equally with the area dealer ..... EVEN IF you had a personal conflict with that dealer they would still have to split ..... THAT just outright SUCKS !

The CASE dealer here has added highflow on several of the new machines. It is doable, doesnt sound like it was a lot of fun. It usually costs more money to add it after the fact. I would order the machine new with exactly what I wanted if time was not an issue.

My thoughts exactly ...order exactly the way you want it Factory installed, and NOT take a chance that something gets hoaky installed creating a warranty issue or argument ..... we might head down tomorrow and see what final price they come up with vs the factory order.... the last time he was down there, the war dept was with him so he didn't spend as much time as he would if I went with him ...... LOL ..... we'll probably check out the other dealers as well (check out the competition) ..... cheers

Last edited: