• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

my logging dio so far

MOUNTAIN MAN

(Life)Tete Jaune B.C/(Live)Grande Prairie AB
Occupation
School, grd 10 now!
Here's my latest logging dio.

It's a miniature Ax Men thing, I'll be receiving a long pole trailer later next week hopefully. The pics won't upload :mad: :Banghead So go to the first youtube link on my signature and view the latest vid on my channel.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
The dio looks great. I think my model work is going to come to an abrupt stop for a few months. I need to get to work on my old ford and im going to be buying a miller trailblaser 302 air pac to go on the bed. so the cash for the mini stuff is pretty well dried up. haha When i get the money im going to build a log truck. Just a standard long logger, maybe a quick change.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
I've been thinking about starting a Logging Dio,I've pretty much found all the Equipment I'll need.But I wanted to ask you guys if there is a 1.50 scale Yarder,or does anyone have a custom one?

There is guy I met selling parts on DHS that is scratch building a madill tower on a pacific P-16 carrier I think. I'll ask if I can post his pics and I will share them after the 21st when photobucket stops being a b hole about bandwidth. Anyways, his work looks amazing and he's coming right along on the tower build.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
That's ok though. Axles aren't too hard to find. Unless you want sword or first gear sets. Then it gets a little tricky.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Customization: if you ever need any 1:32 new ray trucks for parts I'll ship them to you for like $5 plus shipping. For as many as can fit in a box. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Hands down, the best tracks and UC on any model I have. I wish ertl would put rock guards on the inside of their under carriages as well. Great model.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
No doubt-also, they should put some more realistic detail as in correct boom lengths!

I agree with you 100%. Do you have one of the 959 models? I'm assuming the UCs are like the others, with the rock guards on the outside only and the tilt problems. I can't complain too much, nobody else makes a shovel model. I would love to see some madill link-belt or Komatsu stuff. Or any yarder. Maybe a stroke delimber. A guy can always dream.

KW850&T800H

COPPA
I agree with you 100%. Do you have one of the 959 models? I'm assuming the UCs are like the others, with the rock guards on the outside only and the tilt problems. I can't complain too much, nobody else makes a shovel model. I would love to see some madill link-belt or Komatsu stuff. Or any yarder. Maybe a stroke delimber. A guy can always dream.
I have the 909KH, ok model, more detail would be nice..madill will never have anything produced, not even the 3800C. I can dream by saying I'd love to see a thunderbird log loader..A yarder would be great, a trailer mounted one would be the most versatile, a skadill or Skagit would be so cool. A Komatsu anything new-whether it be a log loader is out of the question, the Valmer is a Komatsu so that's all they will make. What I really want- and I KNOW many others want one..a logging truck! Oh my gosh, if Sword made a T800W version pole logger they would sell so many. Madill's are ok but I'd rather have a different yarder. Trailer mounted like I said so anyone with a decent truck could buy it. Not to mention the fact that gravel guys would buy one and put pull buckets on them.

Thanks for reading, hope it gives some info-it was mainly a rant :D