• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

my logging dio so far

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Thanks. I just ordered a Valmet feller buncher and will put some pics of it up on my photobucket album. I'm pretty excited to get it. I have seen pictures of it and hope it lives up to my expectations.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Nice. My dad owns a reforestation company and we are getting ready to buy either a 2054 Deere or a 320 Cat forestry road builder for piling brush. As you may assume I will have to customize a model so I can have one too. Haha. I just think that this model stuff is great. Some people can really make just about anything.

HITACHI350

the thing i love the most is the boom suport on your lowboy i want to do that but i got the t800w and i dont want to glue stuff to it yet

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Yeah. I have had this lowboy for a couple months now and still am not sure if I'll regret gluing that on there. I think it will be fine. How do you like that sword truck? I heard that they're worth the money.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Yeah. That is a great deal for that set up. What undercarriage did you use for your 330 build? Is that a 2954 uc with an additional spacer under the circle?

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
nice. where do you get all your parts? do you just buy the whole model and take it apart? I am in the process of trying to find one of those waratah dangle head processors off the 2954 deere models for a little bit of custom work im thinking about doing.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Are there pics of it on your website? Sounds interesting. I'm thinking about taking a 2954 and turning it into a Madill. I think a Madill model would be epic. Have you ever seen any yarder models in 1:50?

MOUNTAIN MAN

(Life)Tete Jaune B.C/(Live)Grande Prairie AB
Occupation
School, grd 10 now!
Are there pics of it on your website? Sounds interesting. I'm thinking about taking a 2954 and turning it into a Madill. I think a Madill model would be epic. Have you ever seen any yarder models in 1:50?

I was also of thinking of changing my Deere into a Madill, you would only really need to change the cab roof and panels, everything else is decals and paint. :exactly
:thumbsup
:iagree

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Yeah. The Madill machines were hyundais in the early years I think. I would have to go all out and build a newer square one. I'm working on a 5th wheel hayrack trailer. Pretty simple build. Just need to get the rest of the parts. I wish norscot would suck it up and make some of Caterpillars forestry machines.

MOUNTAIN MAN

(Life)Tete Jaune B.C/(Live)Grande Prairie AB
Occupation
School, grd 10 now!
They used to make Cat forest machines, they only make the skidder now. The old madill bunchers were Komatsu i think, not entirely sure. Go to the first link on my signature below to see my diorama on youtube. It's logging.

HITACHI350

no komatsu ownes timbco(feller) and velmet(posseser), madill's havent been made sence 2006 or something not sure i have to check that out

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
The last madill machine to leave the naniamo plant left in '08. The older shovels were on import carriers a lot like the old thunderbird log loaders and road builders. Madill is actually being purchased from Modern Machinery (they purchased madill after they went bankrupt) by Nicholson Mfg Ltd up on Vancouver island BC. it's all on the last page of the Madill thread. Contract Logger knows people on both sides of the deal. It's pretty sweet. If I'm not mistaken the last machine to leave the plant was a 2250 feller buncher. Like I said. Not for sure but it's all in the Madill thread.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
They used to make Cat forest machines, they only make the skidder now. The old madill bunchers were Komatsu i think, not entirely sure. Go to the first link on my signature below to see my diorama on youtube. It's logging.

Looks good. I think I have seen your videos before : )
I always enjoy stop motion videos. I don't have the patience for that stuff.