• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Bad motor mount? Its in a KW for sale, and I'm not sure what else the chain and binder would be for.

View attachment 268055
It must be to hold back all the low end torque from that engine. Also must have been some place that gets cold to need that Kim Hotstart heater! Or maybe it's just so worn out it needs the heat to fire up?

Old Doug

I stopped at a parts place the owner happen to find one in Canada but they couldnt tell me just what it will cost. I called several of the rebuild places one said they could rebuild it for less than $400.00 i need to find out about shipping. I got another used one took it apart and its working for now. Hopefully this will buy me some time to get a backup plan going.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Called a wig-wag. I would probably do it, but need some ambition first. I see Spud
stopped by your neighborhood, that 900 is parked in a Spud Shed.
For some operators these days you would have to mount that wig-wag a bit further back so it would hit them the side of the head when air pressure dropped!

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
The other interesting thing it has is a flip over little lever for the tractor parking brake. Trailer air has regular push knob. If you zoom in you can see it in the picture. Arrow pointing each way for drive/park

Truck Shop

The other interesting thing it has is a flip over little lever for the tractor parking brake. Trailer air has regular push knob. If you zoom in you can see it in the picture. Arrow pointing each way for drive/park

That was the common brake release valve years ago. My 66 Pete came from factory with a toggle switch
and starter button. Only keys were for the door locks. Used the same park brake valve. Then about 1970
the valves for tractor and trailer were all PP1 push valves.

For a 68 the dash and exterior fiberglass look in nice shape.

Last edited: