• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Making a Cutting Edge

lantraxco

Any time you're working with cutting edge material you need at least carbide cutters, with constant coolant flow, the annular cutters *MUST* have flow through the center to cool the inner tiny cutting points and flow the chips outward for clearing. I use TRIM E206 mixed ten to one with water and let it flow when cutting T1 or Weldox. One dry spot or any time the cutter chatters or sticks for a second, probably time to send it for sharpening. Life with good steel.

alaskaforby4

Occupation
Owner Operator
Kind of delayed this project for awhile. been having trouble with my eyes. One eye in particular is just not happy with bright lights. Thought it was a flash burn at first, but has been going on for a couple months now. Eye doc said everything looked fine and gave me some drops.... This getting old is not for the young! Had one of my guys countersink the holes. turned out well enough. Another mile of hardfacing on the bucket and she’ll be ready to hit the dirt

D1ECC410-D775-46E3-A56F-5E605674F3F6.jpeg

alaskaforby4

Occupation
Owner Operator
Well, got it finished up for now, enough to kick out the door anyway, its been in here for 3 months or so! Next year I’d like to add some hard facing on the side. But it will be fine for the 1000ish hrs it will get this season. With steel prices going through the roof, i’m glad I got the experience, but definitely appreciate buying a finished product

16A0470A-F90B-4905-8B75-1C127E9C14C1.jpeg FA2586B0-7B17-4362-8E53-EF15DCDB43DB.jpeg