• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Is it visible from the road?
No it is not, but turn left at Kilpala Rd. (I think) and you only have to drive a few hundred yards and it will show up at your right side:)
I think I'll take Steve's advice and see about making another trip out.
You should - it is my second country:canada

trakloader

Well PacificEd - you found this web. I totally agree #H17 is no. 1:) you ahve to come back. I am planing to come back for 5 weeks holiday this summer. 3 weeks at The Island. When heading North LLL shop is on your left just before you turn right heading against Beaver Cove....

Are you coming to QCI, too? Maybe save me some postage? :tong

trakloader

All P-16's look good to me. :D

Best part is the only logger I've rode in is a HDX, #H-17 to be exact. Remember me Steve?

Great stuff trakloader...I've viewed most, if not all the YouTube videos you have posted over the years. Great stuff for a guy who lives so far away from it.

Thanks, PacificEd! Always nice to hear that people actually enjoy my videos! :D

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Are you coming to QCI, too? Maybe save me some postage? :tong

Sure I would like saving some postage:D I would like to go to QCI, but I am bringing my 2 nephews with me this year. I have promised them a trip to BC -to discovery and show them your beautiful BC. But I have desided yo visit QCi in the future(3 or 4 years from now):canada
My newphes will see things like this:)

Attachments

• DSC02872.jpg
    DSC02872.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,967
  • DSC02773.jpg
    DSC02773.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,958

trakloader

Sure I would like saving some postage:D I would like to go to QCI, but I am bringing my 2 nephews with me this year. I have promised them a trip to BC -to discovery and show them your beautiful BC. But I have desided yo visit QCi in the future(3 or 4 years from now):canada
My newphes will see things like this:)

3-4 years! :eek: There won't be anything left to see by then! Well, maybe not, Uncle Stan always seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat and keep us going. Things are a lot slower now than even three years ago, though. Olympic has downsized quite a bit, and we only run about five trucks now. :(

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
3-4 years! :eek: There won't be anything left to see by then! Well, maybe not, Uncle Stan always seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat and keep us going. Things are a lot slower now than even three years ago, though. Olympic has downsized quite a bit, and we only run about five trucks now. :(

Yes very sad for the futuere, but you are properly rigth:(. Even thoug there will still be equipment around. This year I will take pictures of other logging equipment instead of just taking pictures of off highway trucks. And sure I will look for red and white equipment:) Here are pictures of H33. I stiil think it is going strong as an IPL sander truck:)

Attachments

• Hayes HD Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H33 Port Alberni - 07212007-8.jpg
    Hayes HD Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H33 Port Alberni - 07212007-8.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,877
  • Hayes HD Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H33 Port Alberni - 07212007-7.jpg
    Hayes HD Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H33 Port Alberni - 07212007-7.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,860
  • Hayes HD Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H33 Port Alberni - 07212007-9.jpg
    Hayes HD Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H33 Port Alberni - 07212007-9.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,851

HDX

Hayesno1 That is still one of Northwest Bays sandtrucks painted a different color now but it is one of theirs yellow and white. It is so confusing now with all this Island crap Island timber Island Fibre Island Pacific Lets just throw in the towel and call them LETS SEE maybe MacMillan Bloedel and British Columbia Forest Products and Crown Zellerbach

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hayesno1 That is still one of Northwest Bays sandtrucks painted a different color now but it is one of theirs yellow and white. It is so confusing now with all this Island crap Island timber Island Fibre Island Pacific Lets just throw in the towel and call them LETS SEE maybe MacMillan Bloedel and British Columbia Forest Products and Crown Zellerbach

LOL.. You are right, well maybe we should have a BCFP and a CZ Thread:) so all 3 "giants" are represented. :canada Here is a picture of a CZ HDX with Pacific cab and a BCFP HDX from 1969 both converted to sander trucks when I took picture(Timberwaste truck as I recall). I just saw a picture of CZ truck (#CSP13) at Hanks website - it got a huge ugly dump. I think it is operating in Frazer Valley area.

Attachments

• Canada 2005 21072005 072.jpg
    Canada 2005 21072005 072.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,067
  • Canada 2005 21072005 067.jpg
    Canada 2005 21072005 067.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,903

trakloader

LOL.. You are right, well maybe we should have a BCFP and a CZ Thread:) so all 3 "giants" are represented. :canada Here is a picture of a CZ HDX with Pacific cab and a BCFP HDX from 1969 both converted to sander trucks when I took picture(Timberwaste truck as I recall). I just saw a picture of CZ truck (#CSP13) at Hanks website - it got a huge ugly dump. I think it is operating in Frazer Valley area.

Maybe I should start CZ and BCFP threads.... :confused: Do you have enough pics to make something of it?

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Maybe I should start CZ and BCFP threads.... :confused: Do you have enough pics to make something of it?

Well I have few from each company and only truck pictures but there might be others that can post pictures and information. :)

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
MB cabs and trucks. Pacific cab #H156 had been mounted on a WHDX. Truck was scraped winter 2005/06:(

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Pictures coming up:D

Attachments

• KW H179.jpg
    KW H179.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,790
  • Hayes HDX cab H188.jpg
    Hayes HDX cab H188.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,805
  • H79.jpg
    H79.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,807
  • P16.jpg
    P16.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Pacific cab H156 WHDX.jpg
    Pacific cab H156 WHDX.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,816

HDX

Hayesno1 That P16 with the Hayes Forest Logo on the door (side profileof truck) old H155 ex T???? is now rebuilt and owned by Island Pacific Logging and is once again hauling down in Sarita as one of our trucks New unit # is H153 I will take the camera to work and snap some pics and e-mail them to Trakloader so he can post them on here Trakloader I think the Crown Z and BCFP thread would be a real hit on this site. I know lots of guys from both companies and they would probably love to post pics.

HDX

Hayesno1 That BCFP truck with the sandbox on it is old unit # 6-230 from Caycuse she was sent up to Courtenay after they started thinning out the trucks down Cowichan way. Maybe the amalgamation of Caycuse and Gordon River and Renfrew Divisions Man what sad days for those guys. Same thing happened to Crown Zs NitNat camp and Nanaimo Lakes Divisions All those big camps are gone Franklin River Sproat Lake Copper Canyon. Would be interesting to list all those camps and how many people worked in each one

trakloader

Hayesno1 That BCFP truck with the sandbox on it is old unit # 6-230 from Caycuse she was sent up to Courtenay after they started thinning out the trucks down Cowichan way. Maybe the amalgamation of Caycuse and Gordon River and Renfrew Divisions Man what sad days for those guys. Same thing happened to Crown Zs NitNat camp and Nanaimo Lakes Divisions All those big camps are gone Franklin River Sproat Lake Copper Canyon. Would be interesting to list all those camps and how many people worked in each one

Sure must have been sad. :( I don't know how Juskatla continues to survive... :confused: Well, barely survive, I should say. Hard to believe Franklin is gone. I always felt rather sad when a barge load of equipment showed up here, figured either another division closed, or had a major downsizing. We got a bunch of junk from Chemainus when I was a kid, and more recently, a whole bunch from Copper Canyon.

Murk100

Occupation
30 yrs GY Operator
Fine looking Rock Drill

Attachments

• S5001203.jpg
    S5001203.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,376
  • S5001204.jpg
    S5001204.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,460

TorkelH

Mmb 084?

I'm not sure if it was a MMB machine, but here's the rest of the third 084 built. Don Whitaker bought this one from Vancouver Island.

Attachments

• P1000243.jpg
    P1000243.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,342
  • P1000244.jpg
    P1000244.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,354
  • P1000245.jpg
    P1000245.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,339