• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Glad you liked that! I'm going to link some more of my videos on here tonight. I have tons of material from the archives, WFP just threw everything away! I saved a lot of it, but I know I missed a lot of good stuff. I did get a couple of Hayes trailer manuals, and a Pacific operator's manual.
Great videos - keep them coming. I do hope you will let us enjoy some of those Hayes trailer manuals.
:canada

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
MB trucks - some in new color configuration:mad:

Attachments

• Hayes HDX Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H27 Port Alberni - 07212007-3.jpg
    Hayes HDX Ow. unknown ex. M@B #H27 Port Alberni - 07212007-3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,149
  • Hayes HDX WFP #2223 - Port McNeill - 07262007-3.jpg
    Hayes HDX WFP #2223 - Port McNeill - 07262007-3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,129
  • Hayes HDX WFP #2229 ex. M&B #H109 - Port McNeill - 0726-2007-7.jpg
    Hayes HDX WFP #2229 ex. M&B #H109 - Port McNeill - 0726-2007-7.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,118
  • Hayes HDX WFP #2613 ex. M&B #H49 - Port McNeill - 0726-2007-6.jpg
    Hayes HDX WFP #2613 ex. M&B #H49 - Port McNeill - 0726-2007-6.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,137
  • Hayes HDX WFP #2225 - Port McNeill - 07262007-2.jpg
    Hayes HDX WFP #2225 - Port McNeill - 07262007-2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,137

trakloader

Great videos - keep them coming. I do hope you will let us enjoy some of those Hayes trailer manuals.
:canada

Not much to see, they're little more than spec sheets. :( Still, they come in cool Hayes duo-tangs with the bear on them! :D Keep posting the great pics, and feel free to add any of mine to your collection!

HDX

Hayesno1 One day I will ask Mike just how many of those HDX's he converted and rebuilt. For those of you that are interested Mike Murphy was the Master Mechanic of Pt McNeil M&B Division What Mike did was take a well worn HDX and rebuild her with new water tank and fenders as well as hood and install a new Pacific P16 cab on them.The entire truck was rebuilt and Mike knew where the weak spots were so he would upgrade them. This gave all those trucks a second chance To my knowlege every truck Mike rebuilt is still running around and in very good shape with the exception of H147 and she was dissmantled after a fatal hauling accident in Sarita

trakloader

Hayesno1 One day I will ask Mike just how many of those HDX's he converted and rebuilt. For those of you that are interested Mike Murphy was the Master Mechanic of Pt McNeil M&B Division What Mike did was take a well worn HDX and rebuild her with new water tank and fenders as well as hood and install a new Pacific P16 cab on them.The entire truck was rebuilt and Mike knew where the weak spots were so he would upgrade them. This gave all those trucks a second chance To my knowlege every truck Mike rebuilt is still running around and in very good shape with the exception of H147 and she was dissmantled after a fatal hauling accident in Sarita

H-147 and 149 were rebuilt at the QCD shop. H-271 was sent to Port McNeil and done there, and they used her as the pattern when doing 147 and 149. 147 was in pretty good shape to begin with, having been used as a sand truck for 15 years or so. Low mileage. They used to rebuild all the trucks here, but 44 and 45, and 271 were sent away. 271 arrived here from, I believe, Copper Canyon, and she was in pretty sad shape. I think they test drove her, and that was it. Sent off for rebuilding! I don't think I even have a picture of 271. :(

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager

HDX Interesting information as usual:) When visiting old Port McNeill MB Div. I have never seen any HDX logging trucks with the original Hayes - they all got the Pacific cab. The only HDX with original cab is H268(fire/water truck) and H297(sander truck).

Posted a pic of H68 taken in summer 2000 Cameron Div.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Sorry forgot to attach picture of H68. H109 and H74 with Pacific cab, Port McNeill:canada

Attachments

• file378.jpg
    file378.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,040
  • Hayes 002.jpg
    Hayes 002.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,228
  • Hayes Ride 041.jpg
    Hayes Ride 041.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,319

HDX

Hayesno1 Great pictures H68 was the only Mack highway truck bought by M&B Cameron Division. It was sold then resold and now is a roll on roll off truck owned by Walco Industries of Port Alberni H109 was sent new to M&B Franklin River Division in 1972 and surplused/Transfered to Pt McNeil Division around 1990 It was there where she was rebuilt and put to back work. H74 was a M&B Sproat Lake Division truck--some of their HDXs and P16s were surplused in 1999 when some of these divisions went over to the highway truck and second growth logging. Some of us chose to stay on our big trucks but lots of guys couldnt get out of them fast enough

HDX

Trakloader Somewhere I have a picture of her down at the Canyon before you guys got her Yes indeed she was rode hard and put away wet

trakloader

Trakloader Somewhere I have a picture of her down at the Canyon before you guys got her Yes indeed she was rode hard and put away wet

I figured so. We have the X07 trailer here, too, which I hear came from CC. I remember climbing into 271 for a look, and being surprised at how sacked out the steering wheel and seat felt! :eek: I might be wrong, but I think she had Budds on the front. :confused: