• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

wornout wrench

Guys I have been following this for a couple years now, after to talking to my buddy who still lives in Sayward I joined. I worked for M&B from 1972 when I quit school
till 1992. Going from the sawmill in Chemainus to Kelsey Bay for 15 years then on to the Queen Charrlottes. Parted with the Company there and went to Edwards and Assosiates. I did my MD apprenticeship in the shop under Jake and Claude. Hope to see many more photos from you guys and know I have lots myself but as I still pull wrenches at Gibraltar Mine I don't have the time I would like for getting photos on line but will sure try.

Mister Mike.
How are you doing man, haven't seen you since you left Kelsey for QCI
I will give you a little bit of time to try to figure out who I am hahaha

They are tearing the Kelsey Bay shop down, since it has been abandoned it just basically rotted away, too bad, was a good shop. Lots of memories there

callingtheshop

Sorry about the quality of these pictures. This site downsizes the files so much that a large photo suffers from it. I started to scan everything to about 300kb but stopped when I saw it all coming out at around 50kb. The KB 50th are from a booklet that's 8.5" x 11", so it should have a large file to display properly. Kelsey Bay 50th Page 15.jpgKelsey Bay 50th Page 18.jpg

MDK-HDM

Mister Mike.
How are you doing man, haven't seen you since you left Kelsey for QCI
I will give you a little bit of time to try to figure out who I am hahaha

They are tearing the Kelsey Bay shop down, since it has been abandoned it just basically rotted away, too bad, was a good shop. Lots of memories there

:mad:Spoke to my buddy Pat,he did 38 years at Eve River, he was filling me in on the old shop and the tear down. Not surprised it is rotten I seem to remember it leaking in winter. Still trying to figure out who Wornout wrench is, could apply to so many of us.
I need to learn how to post so pictures:)

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
MDK-HDM,hello,want to pass on a little info. Ask your friend Pat if he remembers some past workers who are still around. Gord Barney Y&L or Ed Davis Haul and Dispatcg? Gord in Ladysmith,Ed in Port McNeil

wornout wrench

:mad:Spoke to my buddy Pat,he did 38 years at Eve River, he was filling me in on the old shop and the tear down. Not surprised it is rotten I seem to remember it leaking in winter. Still trying to figure out who Wornout wrench is, could apply to so many of us.
I need to learn how to post so pictures:)

I'll give you a hint Mike.
I think I still have the record for climbing the show hall hill.:drinkup:oops:shf
Hurry up and get a few more posts in so that I can send you a private message

Truckmodeler

Re post#978:
Anyone know the make of truck being loaded under the heel boom? Looks like a CBE cab type. I haven't seen anything like it on here before.

Just wondering.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Just had a chat with our friend Gordy Isacson , who ranks with HDX when it comes to over all knowledge of trucks . Posting #978 is very rare picture of a 1955 802 Kenworth set up as an off highway logging truck.

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Just had a chat with our friend Gordy Isacson , who ranks with HDX when it comes to over all knowledge of trucks . Posting #978 is very rare picture of a 1955 802 Kenworth set up as an off highway logging truck.

You are da MAN, Mr. Tramp. Thanks.

Truckmodeler

Thank you Camptramp and Gordy I. I'm guessing they were not too successful since they were so rare. Also guessing they suffered from the same issues that the Euclids did with the single drive axle.

Any idea how many made it into BC?

Thanks again, the wealth of information (not to even mention the incredible memory) all you guys have is amazing.

BTC

Garry Clark

Garry Clark retired from the division this past December. Over 42 years lost time accident free falling. Very productive guy up until his final days on the saw. Quite an accomplishment

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Very amazing accomplishment. My grandfather retired at 62 from Weyco Vail without a lost time injury also. Much tougher men back then.

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
You got that right, Hallback. Back then, as Archie Bunker would say, girls were girls and men were men.