• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

1270d

I don't think this was ever used by the logging industry, but though you folks might like to see it. Koehring 1466

2012-11-03_16-22-19_422.jpg

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Thats some good looking Kittypeter iron there Jeremy. Is that a Tigercat buncher coverted to a shovel logger? I saw a 445 Timbco someone put a heel rack and grapple on a few years ago. Pretty good idea in my mind.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
JTL, i have a timbco operator friend that wants to try shovel logging with his machine but can't get the owners to bite off on the idea. someone needs to post some videos with production and application specifics to help take the learning curve out of it for the rest of us. i think the best application possible would be to shovel log to a small yarder in thinnings, this would be to steep for track skidders but to tight and steep for full size loaders. these guys have it figured out, it appears that the leveler will probably shovel the steeper stuff to the full boom non leveling machine, and then do the short and nasty stuff with the yoder.....................theironoracle

JeremyM70

Occupation
Electronics Tech
Thats some good looking Kittypeter iron there Jeremy. Is that a Tigercat buncher coverted to a shovel logger? I saw a 445 Timbco someone put a heel rack and grapple on a few years ago. Pretty good idea in my mind.
Jason, this was a new demo shovel from Triad, the company was trying it out apparently. Here's a link to the model
http://www.tigercat.com/index.php/LS855C-Shovel-Logger/overview.html
They have recently bought several Cat 568LL shovels and I believe they prefer those.

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
That's just silly....a clam on a tilter might make sense for hoechucking...but a heel?

It's actually makes sense in big wood coastal.

A little company called Roga was the first company to have one. For hoe chucking to reduce yarder roads and such.

csquared

Roga isn't very little lol. They are logging almost everywhere in B.C. Kamloops, Campbell River and Prince George for a start and who knows where else. When Tigercat made"20'' they simply picked the contractor who had bought the most pieces of Tigercat gear in the past 20 in Western Canada.. and that was Roga. I had heard they were doing 700 000m3 a year i think.
As for the L855c with heel's. There was a half dozen or so in use in Brazil for Klabin, before the first one went to Roga's island division here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P386rIlVY3g

Last edited:

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
Roga isn't very little lol. They are logging almost everywhere in B.C. Kamloops, Campbell River and Prince George for a start and who knows where else. When Tigercat made"20'' they simply picked the contractor who had bought the most pieces of Tigercat gear in the past 20 in Western Canada.. and that was Roga. I had heard they were doing 700 000m3 a year i think.
As for the L855c with heel's. There was a half dozen or so in use in Brazil for Klabin, before the first one went to Roga's island division here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P386rIlVY3g

Haha, insert sarcasm about Roga being small?

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
58222_454369464626835_2050530340_n.jpg

738199_454369624626819_57691525_o.jpg

64080_454369484626833_1601222825_n.jpg

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
Well I would love to claim the photos, they aren't mine. Thought they'd be enjoyed, and the operator had no issues.

sleddr

Couple of hard working forestry graders. A 14H with dozer and wing.

photo-17.JPG

A 14M with 6 way dozer and roll over wing.

photo-16.JPG

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
those are awesome, i really enjoyed plowing snow with a grader a couple of days long ago. i remember as a kid falling asleep in the seat next to my dad in his 14e while plowing snow, i would just watch the slack of those chains come over the top of that tire and listen to the chains vibrate on the road. his machine was a direct drive so he would let me shift gears as he ran everything else................................................oh those were the great days......no extra wide seat in these to bring a son along............theironoracle