• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lists of projects

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well had brake shoe in and adjuster connected where could finish shoes install by 7:30 this morning, all buttoned up oil refilled, got it back on the floor to drop trans belly pan and do some leak checks. Have seeping spots all over that will need to get at when the Tornado Warning passes and the humidity drops a little. May bore a couple of drain holes in the pan as tends to hold fluid like a reservoir then roll it out all at once.

IMG_8297.JPG IMG_8298.JPG

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Ran it a good forty five minutes could not get more than a loose drip of trans oil so buttoned up and took outside, set cage back on. While setting cage noted oily film above left final, tracked back to Brake actuator of Left side this time oozing from underneath so once get realigned will back it to the shop pull the actuator and see what is going on under it. Newly installed Right side is dry. For Now have some 1" square tube shelves for downstairs and a set of four 20"w shelves for the living room to get built for wife. Then this actuator then the yellow beast brake and gas lines.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As to the Blood Letting, will be a few days healing up the slices and dices on both hands from all the square sharp edges on this machine!!

Legdoc

Things to do, Well let's see...
Finish my waterfront 2nd home, 3rd year on project
Build a 50'x100' shop/barn, all equipment is outside
supervise a 50'x75' shop/barn for youngest daughter/son in law
complete the refurbishment of a Ditch Witch RT40, should of never started this one
sandblast and paint F-700 ranch dump truck
sandblast and paint, replace axles on 32' TD gooseneck
replace metal roof on my home, damaged from hurricane Harvey
build new cattle working pins
drink as many Dos XX and Blue Moon ice cold as possible

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
On to bigger and HOPEFULLY Better projects. Chevy is sitting out the week at the shop, currently readying for a short trip into OK to pick up some stuff for the Next shindig. Photos and FULL story when get back.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Two crates cleaned out reloaded and on the trailer
Have a little issue as had a tire throw a belt on way down on Ford
Be Tuesday morning to get a pair for tge front
Still aligning the extra loose parts

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Tires put on pickup on the 8th and back home(Another Mess of mine). NO Acar coming but did align for the dead W900 JY has. The Chevy has begun patch up process with the rotted Brake line R&R and home make up complete and a replacement p/s pump cartridge currently in the shop. Input gearbox seal kit is on order.
IMG_8342.JPG IMG_8328.JPG

This I bought pre-emptive for the other truck, found online at Larson Pete Parts, $90 Delivered NEW, Elite Truck Parts S1200, and may be a knock off but appears to be a Wabco by all base design. Will be a nice uprate for the KW.
IMG_8335.JPG IMG_8336.JPG

As far as the Tires, bought a pair of 285/75/16 E Hercules ATII to replace my destroyed 265/75/16 E Coopers(Only decent quiet lug 16s they had in E rate), KNEW I had a Herc Dealer nearby home where could get another pair at home at a later($$$$) Date, NOT True. Dealer here that WAS Herc was dropped BY Herc, searched all dealer inventories for the STL Region, NO ATIIs in stock Uncertain on receipt of more NONE on Amazon nor the Internet Tire suppliers. The two I need are bought, in JYs hometown and will be coming with the KW when it heads this way.

YEAHAA!! Ride that Wave!!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Allis is going AWAY!! Have it listed where may be awhile before goes but I am essentially done with it for Big work both Of it and On it! ANY Money gained from it will go to the KW.

JY will have to fill in the blanks of the overheat that took out the head on the C15. Still a pretty solid tractor, needs considerable 'from sitting' work but is my kind of project where parts for the A-car were scattered and hard to get aligned. JY has and had loads of pieces for it, where that would be like light years to complete, he made mention while we were on a component search of readying to scrap out the W and the gears began to mesh(IF Not Grind) in my head. Less Mods and conversions, less time on stands, equivalent financially and a newer more parts available unit.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Did get to exercise the Fat Allis one more time. Renter of our ground was bush hogging the pastures to eliminate the Weed Heads, allow the grass a little extra sun, as got back Tuesday he was mowing, started in raining(Received 3+ inches in four hours) he got a little brave thru a small ditch and got his steer tires locked in sideways, had to rescue him!! Easy Work just ALL the way in the back of the Back forty!!

Fat Allis was quite Happy, and so too the renter.
IMG_8333.JPG

The Victim
IMG_8334.JPG

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
What's the story with the Kenworth? New hobby now that fat allis is running?

It’s a truck I bought about 8 years ago for a project we had. The guys didn’t realize it was losing water and it got nuclear hot, cracked 4 cylinders in the head. We limped along with it a bit and I finally tore it down. Was going to do a 6NZ conversion but got out of the trucking and it’s been sitting since 2016 or so. Came from the NE, Vermont if memory serves. 600k miles per ECM. 46k full lockers, double frame etc. Decent spec.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
People here have a nice International 175 track loader at a good price. It has the standard 1.75 yard tooth bucket but they have another 175 with bad engine & Drott skid loader. They would make a package. I think undercarriage was new 20 years ago. Charlie eased into retirement reluctantly. New undercarriage on 4 tracked machines that never left his yard for 20 years.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
175 can be as much a issue as Fat Allis. Early units 7.0 pitch(Same as Allis chains), later were 7.5 pitch where could find a few more odds and ends for repairs. Dresser IHC is fast becoming as obsolete as Allis but good for farm/private functions.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
So today's event as had a weekend full of visitors(Nephew and wife) as well mowed all day yesterday, got into the PS leaks this morning. Pump cartridge R&R cleaned up and set. Had to retrieve a set of Steering gear seals ordered Friday and a foot of 1/2" PS Return hose to close the system back up. This style pump is FUN! the Adjusting bolt and pivot bolt are BEHIND the pulley so pulley either has to come off or mount does to remove the old one. Not bad as to time, did not start until the Pest service sprayer had been and gone at 9.

IMG_8351.JPG IMG_8352.JPG IMG_8354.JPG

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
175 can be as much a issue as Fat Allis. Early units 7.0 pitch(Same as Allis chains), later were 7.5 pitch where could find a few more odds and ends for repairs. Dresser IHC is fast becoming as obsolete as Allis but good for farm/private functions.
Charlie probably has owned 15 or more over the years. When his health was failing, his family was peddling machinery. I considered buying one they would take $6000 for one that looked good. It had a broken crossmember somebody had gobbered some weld on without even grinding the paint off. It couldn't possibly have held.

It looked like more than I wanted to get into, and I wanted a dozer, not a loader. I couldn't haul a 175, too heavy.

I've had very good luck with parts from Winmill Equipment, & Anderson Equipment.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
A lot of tge later Dresser/Dressta equipment used same patters as the old IH
The company has gone Chinese so worry of continued supplies and quality
But for a farm machine most any still work