• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lgp Excavator

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Ross,
I believe there are a couple more Hewden auctions coming up and one is in Scotland, there will definately be some 312c's well specced up in them.

I have bid on a Zaxis 160lc and hope to finalise a deal when I return from my Holiday.(Don't buy anything until you return from Skiing in one piece!)
However before my departure I viewed a 3000hr Zaxis 130lcn and the same company was selling JS130's and 160's at reasonable money. Whilst in their yard I passed a Vovo 140blc in the workshop and commented how tidy it was. I now see it on Mascus for £26,500 and its only got 2000hrs on the clock as well as being full spec.
I know for certain they are taking sensible offers and would have had a bid at it if the guy had said it was up for grabs as 2000hrs is really just run in.

Finally what is it with them Komatsu's? they are absolutely brilliant to operate and really well made but everyone seems to overlook them in the 130 class.

Thanks for pointing out the Hewden auction, not too long until the date. Will also pass on details of the Volvo and Zaxis 130 you mentioned. Might be a bit too pricey for him but if they're taking offers you never know. Know he liked the 7 ton Volvo he had.

As for the Komatsu's, I've no idea. This one looks good but he's not interested at all. :beatsme

Ross,
had a dig about and spotted a couple of over budget candidates.
There is nice Daewoo 140lc at CPS plant sales definately worth a look and for something completely over budget but rare enough to surely warrant a lot of consideration depending on your application a Daewoo140blc.
The 'b' stands for the Dozer blade it's fitted with and at 2600 hrs and full spec from a dealer Kellands at just over £27,000 would have me doing some head scratching!
The blade on a 13 tonner can be of real benefit if you are the type of operator who appreciates and not abuses it. I don't know what it would add to the original purchase price but it wouldn't be cheap.
Just a thought as 13 tonner hire competion can be fierce and a blade equipped machine with a tidy operator will probably always be the last one heading for the gate off a site.
Both are posted on Mascus.

He's already seen that 140lc at CPS, one of the tidier ones he's seen along with one HERE. Not to certain if there much call for a blade, will ask. His machines never go near sites as such, only does land drainage and agricultural related work.

A dealer offered him a 2006 140LC with less than 3000 hours for £19k last week and he was going to snap it up, but the dealer's purchase of the machine fell through and my brother was left high and dry! :Banghead Makes all the other ones seem expensive!

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Spoke to the pilot and told me he normally operates an 85 kommie dozer ,but the fitter told me that the machine had over 6500 hours with only minor repairs and none to the under carriage .

Stock (taken as offered )

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
there's nothing finer than an understressed six potter in the back of any machine I personally think.

He's decided that nothing but another 6 pot will do. :cool:

The search for a Daewoo continues!

Sure that Volvo will be a nice buy for someone.... hmmm... maybe I should consider a career change! :eek:

Regards

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi there Ross, theres some real good late model machines for sell in this weeks farm trader, at very good prices! Altough most seem to be down south, Devon Somerset etc, but maybe worth a look!

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Hi there Ross, theres some real good late model machines for sell in this weeks farm trader, at very good prices! Altough most seem to be down south, Devon Somerset etc, but maybe worth a look!

Thanks very much.

Not managed to track down a copy yet. Wasn't very much in Truck & Plant Trader anyhow....

Regards

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Not managed to track down a copy yet.

Got myself a copy yesterday but was only the one Daewoo 140 in it..... :beatsme

Wonder if you get a different version than us Scots? Maybe different regional issues?

Regards

Last edited:

Eddiebackblade

Hi Ross,
forgot to mention another site I have found useful, and appears to be on the up in terms of items listed is 'Online Truck and Plant'.
Sorry I'm not up to posting a link, but usually someone on here will be kind enough.
You will know when you get the correct front page as it is in a very bold orange, with a fairly simple search set up.
I have been using it lately in my machine search and it definately gets new items listed regularily from UK and Ireland.
I have checked and there are Daewoo listed.

Personally I feel to get that 'bargain' the search needs to be widened to take in a few other makes. I have already stated there is nothing finer than a lazy six potter in a machine, but the Isuzu,Mitsubushi and Volvo powerplants are all simple proven and economic units capable of a good few hours without trouble.
Another point is the spec you're buying from other makes. Most Volvo,Cats and Hitachi will come as full UK spec. (I list these 3 because I feel they are freely avaliable and will match a Daewoo easily)
Others will disagree but in my mind for UK work you need a machine to be equipped with:- Quick Hitch, Hammer Lines (two way is a bonus), Vandal Guards, Mirrors all around and a full set of buckets (4ft, 2Ft and Ditching Bucket are minimum). If you don't get it all at the first bite, it is suprising how much hassle and cost it can be to bring a machine up to spec.

Good luck with the search but cast the net wider!

Eddie

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
While looking for some info on VA booms, I saw that the Hitachi 110 is available with pads up to 800mm. It was listed on the Hitachi UK site.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
i like the little mini digger on wide pads

and a few LGP dimpers thrown in to!
imm034_35.jpg

fotosvanchieltjeenthomaez3.jpg

Attachments

• P8130070sm.jpg
    P8130070sm.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,417

Eddiebackblade

CPS you should have your own LGP forum!
You must be connected to a different world wide web to me as I hardly find any pic's:beatsme.
Them 'dimpers' :D look superb, I've posted pic's of 714's I've used before and they are a really good tool even on standard floatation tyres.
Do you know where the one's pictured in a row are from?

The Volvo pictured with the Engcon is from Drumclog Plant, I have heard only good reports of this company and believe they operate 13 tonne Volvo's and 8 tonne New Hollands in LGP form north of the border.
I had a price to hire a machine from them and they were extremely helpful and informative.

Eddiebackblade

1.9 metre Pads!

Found this pic of a JCB js 220 converted to LGP, I think it's been posted before but not in close up.
I had to rub my eyes a bit when they claim 1.9 metre (6ft 4") pads, but now can see how they do it.
It must work for them but certainly looks strange.:beatsme

Attachments

• js220.JPG
    js220.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 3,007

counter

Occupation
manager
short body excavator

can anyone tell me why im seein large short bodied ,non counterwieghted excavaters workin side by side with conventional excavators? seems to me the little round body excavator would be at the extreme disadvantage!

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
can anyone tell me why im seein large short bodied ,non counterwieghted excavaters workin side by side with conventional excavators? seems to me the little round body excavator would be at the extreme disadvantage!

Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums

You are looking at Compact Radius and Zero Tail Swing excavators. While people have their opinions on this subject it is very very simple physics....levers really. The Zero Tail machine on a pound for pound basis is rarely at a significant "disadvantage". An examination of load ratings will show the zero tail is at a slight disadvantage over the side at extreme extension. However, when it comes to the feel of the machine thats different, but it is normally just a lack of experience with the ZTS machine that makes people think the machine is unstable. You will find the ZTS generally has a smaller footprint so of course its not going to feel as stable.

The ZTS machine will operate in places the tail swing machine will not.

You call them "non-counterweighted"...in actual fact the counterweight is designed into the house and is kept lower than in a conventional machine. The ZTS is more of a pain to service and repair because there is no space anywhere!

If your out in the open go conventional....if you work alongside walls all day, get a ZTS......horses for courses

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Found this pic of a JCB js 220 converted to LGP, I think it's been posted before but not in close up.
I had to rub my eyes a bit when they claim 1.9 metre (6ft 4") pads, but now can see how they do it.
It must work for them but certainly looks strange.:beatsme

Wow, looks neat but it must be a nightmare keeping your eyes peeled for obstructions like tree roots in that forest enviroment!

counter

Occupation
manager
im still trying to get a few opinions on conventional counterwieghted excavators compared to the short round housed machines