• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lgp Excavator

Eddiebackblade

That set up on them 20 tonners is absolutely inspired, a touch of Irish Engineering at it's best.:thumbsup
I've already spoken to JCC about this, having taken a tape measure to the Kubota KX 080.
I have already expressed an interest in converting a KX161 5 tonner to a sort of super LGP spec with 1200mm pads and lengthened frames together with the blade removed.
However this cutting into the turret has got me all in a spin!:idea
I figure that if a couple of slots such as those pictued could be added to a Kx 080 8 tonner turret,then I would be able to get some 1150mm pads on within the maximum transport width.
This along with an increse in track length of around 1metre after removing the blade would create a midi super LGP that would complement my other LGP and share all the attachments.
What does anyone think about having an adaptor ring with slots 'cast' instead of fabricated? as it wouldn't be a huge undertaking on an 8 tonner.
Would it be a stronger way to go?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
That set up on them 20 tonners is absolutely inspired, a touch of Irish Engineering at it's best.:thumbsup

I have to agree.

What is more frightening from my point of view is I had seen some of the pictures before and it had not even registered in my tiny little skull that something would have had to have been altered to accomadate those tracks.

I can only put it down to overwork and stress. :tong

Old age and being stupid dont come into it so dont even start to go there. :D

Hows the training / practice coming on Eddie, got any pics with a dirty bucket yet ;)

lee cutting

hi eddie i have been watching this thread with interest i have a sk 60 long reach on 1mtr plastic pads this will go where you cant walk what type of work do you want to do we made this in our workshops like your style

Eddiebackblade

Welcome to you Lee Cutting,

Many Thanks for your Kind comments regarding the Kubota, and I'm really pleased with the result.
I have a few niggles with Track master pins and a couple of things on the Engcon set up that are really down to a poor design.
Hopefully a solution will be forthcoming from JCC Engcon.

I can't wait to see a few pics of your SK60 on the Plastic Pads. They are a super strong machine, and I had a quite enjoyable spell on one making a fool of JCB 3CX's back in the day when the Backhoe was King.
It would lay 600mm concrete pipes all day long, and a 3CX would struggle to get one off the floor!
I have a vision of a super LGP Kubota and Plastic Pads would perhaps be the way forward.
I would be interested in your thoughts on them and cost comparisons.

As for work, the Kubota was always aimed at being a sort of 'Swiss army Knife' of Environmental work and has already made a real difference in clearance work.
It is currently flail mowing Rushes on a very wet site, and I am hoping to line up some Pool and Scrape work.
To be honest anything legal that pays!
I have had a real good response from the Arb guys, who seem to love hand balling timber about on slopes and generally trying to kill themseves wrapped up in brash with chainsaws.
Enter an Engcon and Selector grab and they can reduce the team to just one guy with a Chainsaw and nothing to handle.

I assume you are mainly engaged in Ditch/Waterway clearance in your part of the world.
To be honest I visited north Norfolk last year and was totally sold on the place. I shall certainly be making another trip over there this year if only to walk along that beach at Holkum? Is it.
Fantastic Real ale shop that way as well!

Awaiting pics's

Eddie

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
This thread has been lying low for a while now, so i thought id add a few pitures of a Komatsu PC160-7 with 1400mm pads that i found on a dutch website,

Eddiebackblade

Hi CPS, couldn't get to open the Volvo EC55 or CAT 307?

I have seen a few pics of the EC55 done by JCC who did the Kubota.
It was fitted with 1 metre wide pads and had the sprckets and chains uprated to 8 tonner spec.
Should be a great tool, but better if they strapped an Engcon to it!

The CAT 307 was always on my list, as I like these very much and the Cab is a good size.
However it was the tape measure telling me the Kubota would end up a genuine zero tail that moved me off the CAT.

I love the 160 Komatsu, and that is something like my Zaxis 160 would have been like had I gone down that route.
Very pleased to have gone the Kubota road at present!

cjplanthire

Occupation
Plant contractor
i used to run a fleet of swampies, ex 135s with 17 foot long undercarraiges and 4 foot pads ,same job on zx130 lcn, 10 and 11 bottom rollers, 3 bottom rollers on top as carrier rollers, that cat 312 belongs to a close friend of mine in galway he bought it new, its a 312clgp on a 318 undercarraige, d5d cat chains 318 motors, i had it hired for 2 years from new off him, that was when i had work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!