• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your "ultimate" service truck!

TruLine

worktruck.jpg

theres mine. could be bigger but gets the job done.

Dualie

the new trucks are amazing, until you pop the hood then the thought of ever having to work on them makes you appreciate your older iron.

trainwreck

well Quackattak keep your eyes open i run all over oregon.some day you might see me on the road or in your town.

quackattak

I'm always around the hermiston area train, your truck shouldn't be hard to spot. I hardly drive mine into town, I prefer my 82 mercedes.

Dualie

well this December my service truck will be old enough to vote. I expect it to last atleast until its old enough to drink. Its still in damn good condition. just a bit underpowered for todays traffic.

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
Definitely an admirable working-man's rig. That stainless Lincoln still keeping the rust off?

well this December my service truck will be old enough to vote. I expect it to last atleast until its old enough to drink. Its still in damn good condition. just a bit underpowered for todays traffic.

mitch504

Mine's 25 now, I expect it's gonna want to settle down and get married soon, I hope that won't be too much of a hassle. I'm with you on the unneeded complexity of the newer trucks, heck, I can put a brand-new crate engine from the Chevy dealer in mine for just a few payments on a new one. If it cuts off, there's only about 3 things it can be...

Dualie

Definitely an admirable working-man's rig. That stainless Lincoln still keeping the rust off?

My only beef with the big stainless vantage is that the fasteners used under the skin. you know the spring caged panel clips are just mild steel and are rusting and leaving rust streaks down the stainless steel sides of the machine. Seems like a $10 problem on a $15,000 machine. I think if this was anywhere but sunny California they would look much worse. Which surprises me since i been to the Lincoln factory and if that isn't the rust belt you would be hard pressed to find somewhere that is.

Other than that the truck just got a new set of six Michelin's and its Alcoa 10 holes shinned up.

ITs $55,000 worth of tools in a $5,500 truck.