• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KVGT issue

davecampbell

I went and ran the machine with the DPF disconnected and it operated for about 10 min without throwing the code. Im going to clean the dpf tomorrow and see if i can get it back to work.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The bucket is only run on one pump. If it is derating, you should have more than one code show up on the monitor.

max s

No you can't, they are not the same model, you would have to change the engine harness and retrofit the connector that comes from the main harness to begin with, an extensive job that may not even work...

Ive diagnosed a few of these, as others have said check screens which you've done, oil pressure, once again done, my other propersition would be check epc command current and kvgt position sensor and see if they are working in correlation. Which if they have changed the kvgt assembly already probs not that.
My other way to attack it is manually t into kvgt oil pressure, the control oil pressure at the turbo charger, I think I just remove the banjo bolt and had one tapped out to 1/8npt and and kvgt/EGR drive oil pressure and watch for drop outs.
If you go right to the turbo and do the banjo bolt on the control side from the Epc check its fluctuations with the epc command current , (probs something in structure and function in shop manal for engine on how they correlate)
This can help you find out if you have a failure in the EGR control valve side of things with possibly a failed epc or such, possibly try swapping them other if same part number

Hoe hand

I have a 240lc-10 that is throwing lo3-ca2387 machine runs amazing for 30 minutes then throw code and derates. I have checked the screens on the egr inlet was a little dirty cleaned with brake cleaner and put back together and ran 5 minutes and same issue. Cleaned the 2 screens under the feed block ontop of the turbo still no change. Going to check pressures in the morning and go from their just trying to figure out if anybody ever figured out what their issue was any help is appreciated

Hoe hand

Did you change the oil and filter when you serviced the screens?
No I didn't probably should've but it has less than 100 hours on all new filters and fluids. The charge pump feeding the egr was putting out 210psi no fluctuations coming out of the egr valve

Welder Dave

Too bad you couldn't get a military spec. with all of it removed. It sounds worse than a nightmare.

Hoe hand

Replaced turbo with brand new one and it threw CA2382 as soon as key was turned on and sent the turbo back thinking it could've been something in it and they came back and said their was nothing wrong with it after a month just put it back on today and it still throws CA2382 after keys on

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
First, did you remove, clean and inspect the screen at the EGR valve and did you verify good booster pump pressure? Did you start the machine and observe KVGT position while operating with and without load? Are you producing boost. The KVGT is hydraulically controlled. The computer has to see values within spec before the code can go inactive.

LACHAU

CA 2382 says that the signal of position sensor of Komatsu Variable Geometry Turbocharger is low Voltage.
First, check the wires; the wiring harness connector then check the position sensor...
See the attached file for more details.

CA2382.png

CA2382 Circuit.png

107E-2 Controller PIN.png

Attachments

• PC240LC-10 (USA_A20001~) CA2382 Fault code troubleshooting.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 7

Hoe hand

First, did you remove, clean and inspect the screen at the EGR valve and did you verify good booster pump pressure? Did you start the machine and observe KVGT position while operating with and without load? Are you producing boost. The KVGT is hydraulically controlled. The computer has to see values within spec before the code can go inactive.
Egr screens were removed and cleaned. Booster pressure was good and getting 4.97 volts to the kvgt sensor plug

Attachments

• EE87A496-D4DA-42EC-9090-4F1B3122CFE9.jpeg
    EE87A496-D4DA-42EC-9090-4F1B3122CFE9.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 12