• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BCG

Ok I see the video now thanks

That's not my video, just one I found. I actually videoed it all step by step instead of just instructions at the end. It took my about 6 hours all told but, I also changed the oil and did a couple other little things. I could probably do it in 3 or so, start to finish, now that I've been through it.

Blowing it out isn't going to do it. Even if you blow all the dirt out of the evaporator, the way this goes together it's going to end up in the blower fan and just end up right back in the evaporator as soon as you fire it back up. I don't even think the foaming cleaners will handle this because of how it goes together. This is one that requires you to stay on top of filter maintenance or set aside 1/2 a day every couple of months to tear it down and clean it properly, depending on your use.

BCG

I would put foam tape to seal the cab filter. Dust goes right around it.
I added some felt tape there. I don't to completely stop airflow if the filter gets completely clogged and figure the felt will still filter some of the dust out if air goes around the filter and through it.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
I added some felt tape there. I don't to completely stop airflow if the filter gets completely clogged and figure the felt will still filter some of the dust out if air goes around the filter and through it.

Not me, I’d rather it not blow if the filters clogged. I carry an extra filter if I’m working in dust and change it after a few hours if I’m not around air. After seeing all these clogged evaporators I’m not taking a chance. The amount of dust these things work in is incredible.

It still boggles my mind kubota makes a filter seal for these, they dont come from the factory with them and no dealer has heard of them.

heymccall

You have not been intimate with that kubota hvac system. The filters are NOT connected to the hvac by solid duct work. Both rear panels are the "duct". Dirt is sucked in around the top panel and vertical cover. No amount of sealing is going to make those two covers air tight. Been there. It doesn't help.
Until the hvac air inlet is absolutely connected to a filter, the plugging will continue, period. Especially for those of us that run door open.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
I don’t run with the door open and there is no build up of dust in cab. I do take the top off where the recirc filters are to monitor dust. There is very little and I think that it’s from before I sealed filter.

time will tell. Kubota needs to really investigate hvac issues.

KG01

I have something strange going on with the air conditioner, for some reason it blows out warm air, what can it be?

In my case on my ssv75, everything was operating but just not cool or cold air. I flipped the cab and used the images posted here in this thread and gained access to the evaporator, removed the screws around the box and managed to get my air gun in there, kinda under or behind it and blew everything out the best I could. Figured I'd try before taking it in. It worked for the rest of the time I owned the machine as this last March I traded her in for an svl75.

BCG

We had ours done at Kubota. It’s actually only about a 5 hrs job to remove it and do it properly if u have the tools

I think I could actually do it in 2 - 3 now that I've done it once. It wasn't that bad, just tight quarters. Eventually, I'll post a video. I can't get to it it right now, we're in the middle of renovations and 1/2 the house is blocked off.

BCG you deserve cartoon of beer for that video, as we do in Australia! Just pulled my conditioner down and was completely blocked. You made it so much easier. I also blocked the outside air and re-sealed everything. Its good but my cat D6 is the gold standard of air cons. Kubota should take zeroos advice. Thanks again to all!

KCorser

45BCFE51-6239-4CEF-B7A5-A90B11C38149.jpeg BE9327F1-944D-410C-A1B7-5FD8714A3FD9.jpeg 3F7918F9-78BB-4DCD-9950-646490634CE4.jpeg 0C3E9422-EDC1-498C-AAD5-2B46E9CA8941.jpeg 45BCFE51-6239-4CEF-B7A5-A90B11C38149.jpeg 45BCFE51-6239-4CEF-B7A5-A90B11C38149.jpeg New to forum but have been fighting the SVL95 plugged evap coil. The filtration on these units is poorly designed and no great way to improve it. Way to many leak points. I took the whole blower box apart one time. Never again. Kubota should have designed in a door to clean coil given how quick it gets dirty. They did not so I did!!

I basically cut two access holes upstream and down stream of the coil. I use mine for mulching so it gets really dusty. Now to clean coil I remove the trim panels and some foil tape, open the access doors and clean coil. 1 hr!!!
Steps
1. Cut two access panels with dremel tool. Sand edges.
2. Clean coil with small brush, vacuum and compressed air. Make sure it’s dry.
3. Use a thick rubber tape (flex seal) as the door hinge. Cover and seal door with foil AC tape.
4. Reinstall trim.

It was about 100 degrees today after I cleaned the coil the air temp at rear was 50 degrees

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
A major leak is the filer to filter box. Needs foam tape behind the filter. The filter sucks everything the tracks stir up. Takes no time for filter to get dirty then start sucking right past the hard rubber seal on the filter. Kubota sells foam to go around the filter housing, it’s even on their parts diagram for the svl’s. All in all it’s a terrible hvac design.

Bryan Graham

I had to clean the evaporator when I bought my SVL75 used in 2015. I've found since that having the grate open so it recirculates the cab air helps airflow greatly. ( The grate with the 2 filters on top behind the seat). I close that in the winter and heat output is better. Last spring I tinted the windows and put sound deadener on every metal area in the cab. it made a huge difference this summer. I rarely put the fan on high, often using low speed kept the cab comfortable.
I have thought about tinting my windows. I live in Texas and when it is 106 the AC struggles to keep it cool.