• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lkbros

Alright, vent closest to the ac is at around 65 or 70 on a 90 degree day. My gauges are fluctuating. Low side is fluctuating between 20 to 45 and high side is fluctuation between 325 and 150. I assume the clutch is engaging because it wouldnt be around the 65 degrees coming out. I cannot figure out the fluctuating. The low side line will be cold to touch at one point and then be warm or hotter at another point.
I had the same issues but I chanced upon this website that does aircon servicing that really helped with my problem. Do check them out!

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
What website?

There is a link under the word "website" designed to trick Google into thinking that site gets more legitimate traffic than it really does by spamming their link wherever they can get it posted. It goes to a Singapore website about permanent building air conditioners and has nothing to do with vehicle air conditioning.

Australian Ian. I have 75-2 and i can tell you that the air conditioner is well below tolerable in all but the winter months in this country! have been thinking of pulling it apart as it has been extremely dusty. sounds worse than a pia! thanks for the info.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
B55600A7-90C9-466F-B9B9-A0F226C232EB.jpeg IMO the biggest upgrade to the hvac for these things is putting foam strip around the outside filter. I’ve been reading all posts about these since I bought my svl75. So after running in very dusty conditions I pulled outside filter to blow clean. I was pissed when I saw the inside of filter intake covered in dust. The rubber on filter does not seal. I put foam around the where the filter seals and ran it in super dusty conditions. Pulled filter to blow out and it was super dusty. Inside of housing was clean. I don’t open inside circulate if running in dusty conditions, it takes away from inside cabin pressure. The 2 air vents behind your right shoulder are mainly for pressuring cab. They are pre heater core but seem to be post evaporator. Use the inside circulation sparingly but seal your outside filter.

I have selasticed 3 car filters on the top of the air con intake and blocked the intake from outside and put 2 120 cu/ft / min computer fans underneath and increased the air flow but it is still not enough for dusty hot Australia! I have a cat d6txl and it will freeze you and keep the dust out. Maximum work time in a SVL75 in this country in summer is 3 hours.

Between 30 to40 degrees celsius 85 to 105 Fahrenheit, with a dead blue sky and the sun streaming into the cab.I often try to work with my back to the sun.Lots of dust. I have had the machine since new.My brother always says to use it in winter which he calls summer. (for you)I blow the air filters ,motor and air every fuel fill swap and wash.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
That sucks mate.
So we are going into spring, are you heading to winter? Also, you near the mice or rabbit infestation? Interesting stuff but looks miserable.

Yeah Im a farmer, we've had rats and mice and poison out in about 6 places around the house and sheds and there has been a pong of rot all summer. We've just had floods and a bit of cool weather that's knocked them about. Thats Australia dry as for a few years with bush fires then it rains, then plagues come then it floods, just a cycle. City people have to blame something or someone, it's just like what happened in Texas, goes round comes round.

BCG

So, an update. I messed with everything on the a/c's. So I'm basically a proffesional now. No, just kidding. Started from scratch on r134a, still nothing. Took ac apart again from behind the seat. I know realized when I cleaned the "evaporator" it was the water core and that there are two of this back there. The evaporator was literally completely clogged. Cleaned and cleaned that thing and cleaned the inside of whole ac. This thing blows like a champ now! Who know!? I am now getting 50 inside the cab and gauges are closer to correct and not jumping around. Having a mechanic buddy come tomorrow and fine tune freon. Blows hard and am excited to get this cab thing a run! Lol thanks everyone! Taking ac apart is a b**ch btw. Lol

I'm trying to do a deep cleaning on my SVL95 and am wondering if I'm torn down as far as you went or if you went down further? I'd really like to get some of this plastic out of the way so see the cores better but, I can't see easily how it comes apart from here.

I'm guessing the one I can see and access easily is the water core? It really doesn't look bad. How did you clean yours? Compressed air? Water? will it drain out the drip line on the side of the cab if I use water or will I flood my cab?

PXL_20210420_163344147.jpg PXL_20210420_163332848.jpg

BCG

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
I was talking to a kubota tech the other wile getting my svl worked on. He said they clean them all the time. They just take them out and clean properly. Other than removing refrigerant it sounds not too bad.

BCG

I found this video on YouTube that I thought would be good to add to this thread -

I'm going to tear mine down soon because either my evaporator is still dirty after cleaning it with compressed air, the blower motor is failing (or just sucks) or my expansion valve is bad. I'm going to replace the expansion valve anyway because I have to do the work to tear it down as well as add some extra "booster" fans between the evaporator and heater core and adding a shut off valve for the coolant line to the heater core. Hopefully all of this will *FINALLY* give me ice cold air and pressurize the cabin enough to keep dust out. I'll video my process and post it on YouTube with my results. If Kubota had just done a better job with the AC in these machines, I would have nothing to complain about with it.

BCG

I took mine apart completely and although the side of the evaporator I could see from the top was clean, this is what I found on the blower side, nearly 1/2" of caked on mud.

PXL_20210701_201622388.jpg

I went ahead and recovered the refrigerant so I could pull everything out and wash it all properly and it made a HUGE difference, here's how it looks now.

PXL_20210702_002830297.jpg
My airflow is now 10x what it was before with a supply air temp of about 49 - 50 degrees. I also went ahead and added some additional felt weatherstrip around the bottom of the cab and where the external air filter goes to seal things up better. It's 90 today and I had to turn the fan to 2 or it was too cold. I would highly recommend disassembling everything and cleaning it properly if you're having problems. I videoed everything and will post it once I get it all edited.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
I would put foam tape to seal the cab filter. Dust goes right around it.

Attachments

• A7FB9DA3-C974-44B9-A0FF-CE6E24412C82.jpeg
    A7FB9DA3-C974-44B9-A0FF-CE6E24412C82.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
BCG great job. I’d love a video and how long did it take you to get it apart clean and reassemble? Ours is in at the Kubota place now and I don’t think they went through all that. He said they could blow it out. I’m sure I’m gonna have to re do it. We’ll see.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
Incidentally, here’s Kubota’s foam tape that is meant to go on the filter housing. Just got in the mail today. There is zero seal between the hard rubber on the filter and the metal housing. It blows my mind why this part does not come installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20