• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota svl 95-2s problem please help!!

jcmaddox3

Nathan,
Latest posting in Atlanta ownership community has the total of SVL 95 -2s in the shops around the greater Atlanta area at 387 units. Kubota is going to have a mutiny on their hands soon! Cat is also having the same problems...
PGM,
We're in Madison, Ga. Had 11 trips for warranty work with our first 95. We traded the machine for a new one that now has 500hrs and the same damn issues. Do you have any contacts that might help resolve our problems? Kubota customer service is a joke, and the dealership is wasting our time. Thanks in advance

JcMaddox,
I don’t have any contact info to any “Big Wigs” or anything like that at Kubota. But, if you want to tell me what your machine is doing wrong (detailed as you can get) I can talk to my Kubota Mechanic (who is REAL good at his job, and friendly as can be too) I can ask him for some input for you.

Let me know if you want me to do that!
Nathan

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think I am going with the electrical heat wrap approach -plug it in on cold nights. I am only a few weeks ago from finishing my heated garage where I plan to store it on cold evenings. I suspect that they are going to rework the o-ring assembly - The real blame is with the Obama administration and the EPA thugs that pushed this whole DEF **** down our throats! I wish I still had my old SVL 75!

While I think everyone can relate to the issues with the DEF requirement, and I am no fan of the Obama administration, but the blame for this needs to be laid at the feet of the OEM. Kubota has been behind the curve on the DEF issues since inception. Every OEM that uses the Kubota engine is seeing similar problems related to DEF. What makes the issues worse is that Kubota's dealership network is poor at best, fine if you want to buy a machine, but not so great at service, which the DEF drinking CTLs need a lot of. The mini excavators and tractors were pretty trouble free, so the incompetent dealer was not as obvious. Now that they are having real problems, the inept dealership and poor response from Kubota corporate is on full display.

KSSS...

I understand you have had problems with your dealership. But, luckily for me... I have nothing but good things to say about my dealership “Kubota Construction Equipment of Tulsa” my dealership has handled all of my issues quickly, professionally, and have almost always had a loaner machine for me while mine was in the shop!! So, like any business.... there are good ones and there are bad ones! I guess my point is, not all Kubota Dealerships are Crap!

Good luck!
Nathan

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I agree that not all dealerships of any color are all bad or all good. Even Cat which is frequently cited as the "gold standard" in service has their issues. Some dealers are much better than others. The most common complaint is unless you have 25 pieces of CAT equipment you don't get that "gold standard" treatment. Personally I like my CAT dealer, even though I don't spend a lot of money with them. They are always helpful and I consider several of them friends. Kubota however is much different. I believe it stems from them signing up dealerships that are quick to sell but don't spend the money to train techs and become familiar with the equipment that they sell. The other issue is Kubota Corp. doesn't appear to be much help to the dealers. This of course is subjective and simply how it appears (and not true in all cases like apparently in Tulsa). however that assumption is based on reading about stories from guys all over the country having issues with these DEF machines. The themes are always the same, techs that cant diagnose problems and slow to no response from Corporate. The Dash 2 machines have been problematic since inception, CAT and Taki have not been immune either as they also run the same engine. We can lay the blame for the EPA on these Tier 4 restrictions, but at the end of the day if an OEM is going to sell equipment that meets Tier 4 final standards, than the stuff should damn well work. After all, guys are paying for it to work and Kubota is cashing the checks.