• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota svl 95-2s problem please help!!

Rhino101

I own a svl95 has about 330 hours on it nice and very strong machine. The problem I am having and still having is with the def system. I am getting codes e9521 And e9602 And the machine reduces power and goes into a limp mode. The codes are def and scr system related claiming def fluid deteriorated etc. I have drained the def tank, cleaned , and replaced fluid. Still does the same thing. I am assuming one of the sensors has some of the flaked up def fluid on it causing the problem but really don't know. owners manual fix says to take it into the dealer and that's that. But I hate having to take my machine in and the down time and everything else affiliated with the dealer. Does anyone have any help or feedback on this?

Hysert

Member MDP says he has a solution... he mentioned something on the skidsteer forum here titled kubota ssv egr dpf delete

chevy94

Unfortunately, with the nature of these newer machines in any brand, more than likely you are going to have to take it to the dealer to get those codes fixed/cleared. Good news for you the machine should still be under warranty so any issues should be taken care of by the dealer. If you need a machine maybe ask the dealer about a loaner while yours is down or see if they have a field truck with a laptop and the ability to diagnose/repair/clear codes on the job site.

Tags

As much as you don't like your dealer , you really should go back to them and get it fixed. There is sooooo much electrical and CPU junk on this new stuff you'd be hard pressed to figure it out without the correct software to diagnose the problem.

On a separate note, if you weren't comfortable with your dealers service department, why would you buy from them in the first place? Not trying to rub salt in a wound, just wondering if it was your only option?

Rhino101

As much as you don't like your dealer , you really should go back to them and get it fixed. There is sooooo much electrical and CPU junk on this new stuff you'd be hard pressed to figure it out without the correct software to diagnose the problem.

On a separate note, if you weren't comfortable with your dealers service department, why would you buy from them in the first place? Not trying to rub salt in a wound, just wondering if it was your only option?
To answer your question, the incompetence and terrible service wasn't determined until after my purchases were made and several trips in for service and warranty work were made.

Tags

To answer your question, the incompetence and terrible service wasn't determined until after my purchases were made and several trips in for service and warranty work were made.

Well that just sucks.... I'm sorry to hear that, hope you get it worked out..unfortunately you're probably stuck going back to em to get it fixed. You could also try to get in touch with the regional Kubota rep in your area and see if he can help at all. What have they not care of for you up to this point?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If the machine is still under warranty then you certainly have to take it to a Kubota dealer. However if it is not, that motor is in Takeuchi machines and CAT machines as well. One of those dealers might be able to help.

stars&bars44

Occupation
Earthmoving
Warranty. Take it in and demand a loaner machine. I have one and had no issues other than def freezing, code went away after 15 min. I don't know about resetting the computer to clear codes. Will battery disconnect do that?

dirtguy95

There is a dealer update for these machines, there is a problem with software and it kills the nox sensors at 300-500 hours. They are about $1700 a piece. That is what I have been told.

I have a 95-2 and it has been in and out of two different dealerships with def issues , it was purchased on 12-13-2017 and shut down on 12-28-2017 after 5 months of down time i recently found a dealership that was able to make it run. i have been able to successfully operate it for an entire week. kubota tech support does NOT have the ability to diagnose the problems nor do they offer the proper support to the dealerships. i have been in contact with kubota customer support satisfaction which is a dead end! also the bottom line is the repairs for the svl 95-2 are so expensive that it makes the machine unprofitable i just had repairs in the amount of 10-12k done to the machine to make it run with 618hrs on it, the warranty did pay for it this time but no guarantees for the next 618 hrs. I have been told by 4 different dealerships that the parts cost alone for the entire def system are $33,0000 ,this is an automotive application that does not work on construction or farm equipment.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It is probably true. If you were to price out the machine from the parts department, piece by piece it would be 5 times more than the purchase price.

I was contacted by kubota customer satisfaction on 4-26 with very a condescending tone that i had been contacted by managers and my concerns have all been addressed. when in fact that phone call was the only contact i have received that was not initiated by me and have not heard one thing from kubota I was able to reach a regional service manager who was completely blindsided by my situation and is supposed to be the GUY when it cant be resolved just one more disappointment from kubota.

Chadock

I own a svl95 has about 330 hours on it nice and very strong machine. The problem I am having and still having is with the def system. I am getting codes e9521 And e9602 And the machine reduces power and goes into a limp mode. The codes are def and scr system related claiming def fluid deteriorated etc. I have drained the def tank, cleaned , and replaced fluid. Still does the same thing. I am assuming one of the sensors has some of the flaked up def fluid on it causing the problem but really don't know. owners manual fix says to take it into the dealer and that's that. But I hate having to take my machine in and the down time and everything else affiliated with the dealer. Does anyone have any help or feedback on this?

Hi Rhino 101, We have exactly the same issue!!! We are in a remote part of Australia and have spoken to Kubota on many occasions without resolution even though machine is still under warranty.
Were you able rectify the issue? If so would be grateful to know as Kubota here at this have no idea... many thanks. Rick

Chadock

I have a 95-2 and it has been in and out of two different dealerships with def issues , it was purchased on 12-13-2017 and shut down on 12-28-2017 after 5 months of down time i recently found a dealership that was able to make it run. i have been able to successfully operate it for an entire week. kubota tech support does NOT have the ability to diagnose the problems nor do they offer the proper support to the dealerships. i have been in contact with kubota customer support satisfaction which is a dead end! also the bottom line is the repairs for the svl 95-2 are so expensive that it makes the machine unprofitable i just had repairs in the amount of 10-12k done to the machine to make it run with 618hrs on it, the warranty did pay for it this time but no guarantees for the next 618 hrs. I have been told by 4 different dealerships that the parts cost alone for the entire def system are $33,0000 ,this is an automotive application that does not work on construction or farm equipment.
I was contacted by kubota customer satisfaction on 4-26 with very a condescending tone that i had been contacted by managers and my concerns have all been addressed. when in fact that phone call was the only contact i have received that was not initiated by me and have not heard one thing from kubota I was able to reach a regional service manager who was completely blindsided by my situation and is supposed to be the GUY when it cant be resolved just one more disappointment from kubota.

Hi, were you able to rectify the issues we have the svl 95 and the def system is a constant headache any information would be grateful....

ianjoub

I believe all sensors work on resistance. Find the correct resistance value (the one the computer is looking for), cut the wires going to the sensor and solder in a resistor from radio shack (if they still exist).

In my particular case the knock sensors were out of their operating range which led to to those exact codes this was discovered by a very diligent mechanic that did nothing but work on my machine for 3 weeks straight on site kubota tech support led him astray stating def injectors,software,def pumps etc. huge waste of time ,effort and money. the one thing that came out of that ordeal that was good . I was informed I have 3000hr warranty on all emisions components.

Since my machine went down due to the knock sensors Kubota came out with a recall regarding the air intake if you havent been notified please follow up because it is an issue that will result in failed turbos,injectors basically motor problems. I had the recall work done only after the damage was done.