• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kopy Kat Cat

CAT245ME

Occupation
Cat 972H Loader operator
I remember there was a Changlin dealer here in New Brunswick back in the 90's that was selling loaders that were identical to a Komatsu (just different name) and I think they were cummins powered. I hadn't been to the dealer but I do remember seeing a Changlin loader that was the size of a WA420 or 450.
Not sure if the dealer still sells these or not.

sandy

Occupation
diesel mechanic
Looked at china dozers about 97 shantui i think was the name, built Komatsu d 65-8 and d85-12s, Have a video someware, shows them in action on a large dam site, the 85s pulling pans . then shows the fsctoy and manufacture, factory set up by komatsu i think?
lots of automatick machinery, but from memory the shots of workers no health and safety.The track plant was seperate all automated and came from germany.
Some observations from workeding on china machinery over the years from ag tractors to scooters
All look good when new , but give them a couple of years, they dont look so good.
Electrical systems and switchgear are poor, paint and plastic fade quickly
castings have got bbetter over the years and are less crude.
bolts and nuts made of taffy, except the ones that brake off in a blind hole. the will have a lump in the middle that is super hard and will send the drill sidways into the casting.
parts are cheap but they need to be when you have the gearbox apart to replace the gears and shafts they forgot to harden.

The bigest thing to me is a d6d cat still fetches good money
What is your china d6d going to be worth in five years time , if you can find a buyer?

CAT245ME

Occupation
Cat 972H Loader operator
Yeah theres one that advertises in the truck trader in NB or PEI, I know there are a couple changlin loaders floating around here.

The dealer at the time was Paul Equipment out of Balmoral NB, they are mostly a forestry equipment dealer, this company does advertise in the truck trader so it might be the one you seen.

Paul's was selling Changling well over 10 years ago so they have been here for quite a while know.

Deas Plant

Sino Cat D6 quality.

Hi, Folks.
Here are 3 photos of two gears out of the transmission of a Sino SD6 dozer which had the 'glorious' total of 800 hours on the clock at the time of this disintegration. The owner has had it repaired and it's for sale. Any takers?

Attachments

• Broken Sino D6 gears_1_DP.jpg
    Broken Sino D6 gears_1_DP.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 727
  • Broken Sino D6 gears_1A_DP.jpg
    Broken Sino D6 gears_1A_DP.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 722
  • Broken Sino D6 gears_1B_DP.jpg
    Broken Sino D6 gears_1B_DP.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 729

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
I'll take it for it's weight in scrap - let's see, it weighs about 13 ton maybe? So that's about $90 p/ton = $1170, I'll give the owner $500 just for a good show of business!

JDOFMEMI

Hi, Folks.
Here are 3 photos of two gears out of the transmission of a Sino SD6 dozer which had the 'glorious' total of 800 hours on the clock at the time of this disintegration. The owner has had it repaired and it's for sale. Any takers?

Deas

Thats uuugly for only 800 hrs. The other question is, how long did he have to wait for the replacement parts on the slow boat from China??
My D-9R trans went 17,000 hrs before pre failure rebuild. If the Sino only makes 800, the cost per hour would be astronomical, even if the machine and parts were only 25% of the price of a Cat. I don't think many Chinese have figured out the heat treating process yet.

Neil D

Occupation
contractor
DaveC-Perkins are owned by Cat.

Now to the main theme of this thread-all the manufacturers are getting stuff built all over the world. Now I still prefer to buy from Cat and Liebherr etc because they have reputations to keep. The stuff may cost a little more but you are paying for quality. I started off with scrap,repairing it generally coaxing it along hoping it would not break down this week or the next. Now I run stuff that was bought new or in pretty decent shape,I make more money as a result(reduced downtime,no big parts bills or fitters wages),I have no intention of buying any of this chinese crap for I have no interest now at my time of life messing with crap soaked in oil sorting out someone else's poorly made and underdeveloped mess.
I have a neighbour who two years ago bought two chinese built compactors-I remember calling at the yard one evening and they were stuck in one with the spanners flying. They had spent two days trying to get it started, the machines were fitted with chinese built copies of New Holland engines and had only a few hours on the clocks. The second machine was being used to roll hardcore when the driver noticed a funny smell, so they parked it and later sold it at an auction. Mind you this was after it blew a piston out through the block on its way to the ramp ending with it being pushed on by a loading shovel.
Remember the old saying-You get what you pay for!

Neil

Last edited:

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
Here's their website, kind of interesting I guess, one loader looks just like a 938G and theres a backhoe loader that looks like a deere, not really a very big product line. There is some info on the site about there history with Cat since 2005.

http://www.china-sg.com/en/index.asp

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I agree...

Personally I think Bolt thrower is on the right track (pardon the pun :cool2 ) If Cat Or Komatsu didn't licencs them to the chinese they'd still make them. Many of our companies are in world courts now and in the past over copyright infringement etc. why? because designs have been copied and stolen and guess what? they don't want to pay these companies for their time and effort building these things. they want cheap equipment to go with their cheap labor and if the lose either one they don't have to worry. have another of each waiting in line. don't want to come across as a hater or anything but that is the way they do things there. :usa :usa