• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kopy Kat Cat

Cat 236

Occupation
Excavating Company
Well here we go. Evidently the first copy of Cats Hi Sprocket Dozers. A Chinese Outfit is now building them and has a distibuter in Canada. Anyone out there checked one out yet? Cat 236 Alaska

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
I heard that the Aberta Oil sands are looking at them, they are so cheap, if one disappears into a sink hole, rescue the operator and buy anuder!!

ozscooper

the one thats been released in oz is called Sino,and are obviously cheap cats
product range is
d6d
d6g
d7p
sd7 high track
sd8 high track
and soon a sd9

cummins powered

www.sinoheavy.com

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
I read somewhere that all the welds are hand welded, one weld was so bad you could stick a needle through a hole on the weld!

iceberg210

That is some of the most blantant copying I've ever seen. They didn't even care enough to change the look of the cab!! Boy inovation, yours until someone gets a hold of it and copies it for a lower price!

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
Here are some pics...

Attachments

• sino_nw_sd6d_4m_1_L (Small).jpg
    sino_nw_sd6d_4m_1_L (Small).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,152
  • sino_nw_sd7_14m_2_S (Small).jpg
    sino_nw_sd7_14m_2_S (Small).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,150

JDOFMEMI

Not only a copy Cat, but a copy Komatsu dozer as well.

SD7P, which, in their own words, is directly interchangeable with a D-85 Komatsu

dirthog28

I got my copy of Construction Equipment yesterday and saw these China machines, whats the deal. Are these old refurbished Cat and Komatsu's with Cummins engine's in them.

pwrstroke6john

I got my copy of Construction Equipment yesterday and saw these China machines, whats the deal. Are these old refurbished Cat and Komatsu's with Cummins engine's in them.

I was wondering if they were refurbushed too. Also they had prices in the "Construction Equipment" magizine too.

Ross

Yeah well for all we know Cat might have allowed them to copy the machines at taken a large $$'$$$'$$$ Dividend.

Ross

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
looking at the website, the pictures at the factory do look more like a refurb shop than an assembly line. A bunch of machines outside in all different states of paint, color and decals. I would think they were new though.

alco

the one thats been released in oz is called Sino,and are obviously cheap cats
product range is
d6d
d6g
d7p
sd7 high track
sd8 high track
and soon a sd9

cummins powered

www.sinoheavy.com

Aussie owned co. and built in china :beatsme :eek:

There seems to be some confusion here. The machines are built by Changlin and HBXG, not Sino. Sino is the dealer for them, not the owner of the company or manufacturer.

Brian

Turbo21835

59,500lb-HX SD7-$350,000
106,925-HX SD9-$575,000

Old saying goes, you get what you pay for. If these machines do make it here there are some that will try them. But then comes the question of parts. In theory you could go to the cat dealer for uc parts. Until they ask your for a sn that is. I dont see these being sold for very long, cats patent atts. are gonna put an end to it if they can