• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth Thread for 848--849--850

dirty4fun

Here's a little more. I need to add more weight to the front. She's pulling so hard that it wants to wheelie and then it won't steer properly. All together this is over 150lbs with truck, trailer and logs. Not bad for a toy.

Looks so realistic though the black pusher looks like a puppy. Funny to watch the puppy bark at the truck on the clear span bridge.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Yeah he's a character for sure Jim. I think we should send him down to the Baja 1000 since he was really enjoying digging booby traps into the road surface. I'd rake it flat and he'd dig a hole.lol He became a little too cocky after a while and started trying to bite the exhaust on my smaller KW so that was the end of the fun. Can't really blame the pup though as I was charging him up by blowing the horn at him.lol Good times!

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Here's a little more. I need to add more weight to the front. She's pulling so hard that it wants to wheelie and then it won't steer properly. All together this is over 150lbs with truck, trailer and logs. Not bad for a toy.

That's pretty cool! Do you build those from scratch? I've seen the RC truck kits from Tamiya but they are no where near as cool as that. I want to try and build an RC version of my W900A.

RCP57

Occupation
That's pretty cool! Do you build those from scratch? I've seen the RC truck kits from Tamiya but they are no where near as cool as that. I want to try and build an RC version of my W900A.

Thanks! Yes, this one is all scratch built from aluminum except for the tires and gears in the axles. This truck is also fairly large in 1/10 scale. The Tamiya trucks are 1/14 so they are much smaller. Tamiya makes a great generic truck though and they can be modified into almost anything you want with some work. I have built a few trucks now using some Tamiya chassis components and hand made aluminum bodies. If you are interested in building a W900A but don't want to tackle it completely from scratch check out Shapeways. They are a 3D printing outfit that people upload and share files to. Their prints are not cheap but I know of a few guys that have used the cabs to create trucks that weren't previously available(various KW, Mack, ect) prior to 3D printing.

The KW with the water tank and the two Hayes HD's use Tamiya or Tamiya scale running gear. The HD on the workbench only uses Tamiya axles. The rest of the chassis, suspension and body is all hand made.

IMG_0977.JPG IMG_7415.JPG IMG_3544.JPG IMG_9100.JPG

RCP57

Occupation
So is the aluminum just glued together? or is it welded/brazed?

Minor details may be glued but only if they are purely cosmetic. The rest is TIG welded together then ground, sanded or filed for the desired look.