• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It was years ago when Ritchie Bros sold out Sunnen crane here in the northwest. Base cranes sold first and the jewelry was removed and sold in a different yard. Lattice boom cranes only got the base and tip sections of booms on the machine. All the sections were sold separate in the other yard. Hook blocks, pennant lines, counterweights and ball hooks were all separate lots. Even the extra parts were sold separate. Ritchie Bros were grinning bid at the end of that day.

hvy 1ton

In the sale bill, they were selling the jibs and the counterweights separate from the cranes. Can you imagine trying to separate out which counterweight you had to buy- and get it bought for the 1/2 million dollar crane you just got? They evidently didn't know what they were doing, because the counterweights don't just interchange.

Here I was thinking seeing an auctioneer sell a corn head and the header cart it was sitting on separately was ridiculous. The guy that won the head didn't win the combine or the cart. They also waited until the head was sold to mention the cart was seperate.

Old Doug

I was at a auction were they split up every thing i bought a pallet of parts and a good friend bought the machine later on . He didnt know any thing about needing the parts . I had less than $20.00 in the pallet i just gave the parts to him.

crane operator

Night work at wallyworld. It was scheduled for afternoon. I told them "wallyworld is always at night". This is going to be different says the customer. Store manager and general contractor disagreed. It was night work.

IMG_2617.JPG

Weekend work at a hospital/ heart clinic. Sunday morning and we still had to get cars moved out of the way.

IMG_2633.JPG IMG_2635.JPG

crane operator

Not one, not two, but 3 shelby gt 350's. One had a shelby club sticker in it, so I'm guessing they were having a club weekend. Just not something you generally see at the stoplight.

IMG_2674.JPG IMG_2675.JPG IMG_2679.JPG

For you blind old farts that can't see through my dirty windshield- or around my bulldog's ass- here's a identifier picture with a helpful numbering system.

upload_2022-10-29_12-42-34.jpeg

crane operator

Oh the things I did see- at the carwash.

I was there with the welders putting up steel for a sign, but the mescian framers had it all going on with their creative scaffolding systems. They actually used the blue genie in the first picture, to install the pallet skid/ zip board scaffold for installing ceiling. YOu would think that if they could install the walk board with the lift- <MAYBE THEY COULD JUST WORK OUT OF THE LIFT>

IMG_2648.JPG IMG_2650.JPG IMG_2653.JPG IMG_2655.JPG

crane operator

Another concrete plant, this guy has a used plant, with 6 brand new KW mixer trucks, brand new loader, and a bunch of other equipment around. He's got two mid 2000's KW mixer trucks also, but I bet he's going to have some kinks to work out of the new trucks.

The other plant we built this month, has some older front discharge trucks, and a new plant, this guy has the new trucks and the old plant. I don't know which problem I'd rather have. Actually, I do know, and that's no concrete plant, especially one less than 15 miles from 4 other plants. Two of which have their own quarry, and one of the quarries is where I'd have to buy my rock from.

IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2719.JPG IMG_2721.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
EMC near to hear had a OLD plant up toward Troy MO, got so out dated they bought and built a all new plant, trucks are self destructing as they feed them from that new facility as can shotgun them in and out. From time of Back In they can be loaded and moving out in as little as 37 seconds.

crane operator

First call : "hey, I think the brakes are dragging on the gooseneck trailer, its smoking".

(Me thinking - surely he would feel the brakes dragging) just unhook the trailer plug and come on out here, it should be fine.

Second call- 15 minutes later : " hey, I just pulled in at the gas station at the top of the hill, and a wheel fell off the trailer".

Well- that's not a brake dragging making it smoke. :)

upload_2022-11-5_11-6-22.jpeg

Knocker of rock

It was years ago when Ritchie Bros sold out Sunnen crane here in the northwest. Base cranes sold first and the jewelry was removed and sold in a different yard. Lattice boom cranes only got the base and tip sections of booms on the machine. All the sections were sold separate in the other yard. Hook blocks, pennant lines, counterweights and ball hooks were all separate lots. Even the extra parts were sold separate. Ritchie Bros were grinning bid at the end of that day.
I can’t remember when Sunnen shut down. Do you remember when that was?