• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

skyking1

have you set any outriggers on buildings? We had them on the Expedia job and I pulled one off the garage with the boom truck. It went from the building to the right outrigger pocket. I had not laid down the boom rest yet ;)

IMG_20190322_074358.jpg

Natman

About 2 hours ago, I told the customer I'll be swinging a lap pool over his house for in a couple days, that if he could leave one garage door open, I could run one outrigger pad into it and knock a few more feet off my radius. It'd make the difference, roughly, between being at 65% or 75% capacity, and I always "cheat" all I can. I also told him it won't make a good YouTube video, too boring.

skyking1

the yellow box is called an "outrigger" in the high rise building jobs. They bolt them in to give them a place to land loads. That one was for shooting in pallets of stuff with the forklifts, but it was 5 floors up on the same job earlier that year, and the tower crane was landing loads on there.

crane operator

Winch decided to puke hyd. from the brake pack into the winch gear oil on the grove. Made a mess on the jobsite, but its just some seals so that wasn't to bad. Link belt was leaking over the deck from a bad o ring. Liebherr went down on site from a bad alternator. Threw new batteries in it to get this manlift back on the ground. Then had to help the computer find the boom location back.

upload_2022-10-3_21-5-30.jpegupload_2022-10-3_21-6-14.jpegupload_2022-10-3_21-5-56.jpegupload_2022-10-3_21-7-13.jpeg

crane operator

Picked up a spare truck at a auction a while back. Finally got it drug home. Trucks are priced through the roof right now, but I decided better to buy one when I didn't absolutely need it.

1998 kw t-800 N-14, 13 speed, DS 404 4.11's, 8 bag kw suspension. It runs and drives and it needs some drive tires. And I'm sure there's some air leaks on it- it takes forever to build air.

upload_2022-10-10_20-50-43.jpegupload_2022-10-10_20-48-13.jpeg
upload_2022-10-10_20-48-33.jpegupload_2022-10-10_20-48-53.jpeg

Natman

That welding trailer, that is something I have not seen before, the trailer concept instead of a dually flatbed, very nice. I always check out the framing contractors I work for work trailers, and (no surprise) the ones who have the best laid out and generally innovative ones also happen to be my best customers. Easy to work with, and quick paying, the trailer tells the story!

The assemblers had a pretty slick welding/ tool trailer.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The problem with trailers is that they are easy to hook onto and just go. My welding trailer was stolen about fifteen years ago now.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Appears they modeled after the old IR air compressor houses, or repurposed a old one on that trailer. Appears also to work really well.

crane operator

In the sale bill, they were selling the jibs and the counterweights separate from the cranes. Can you imagine trying to separate out which counterweight you had to buy- and get it bought for the 1/2 million dollar crane you just got? They evidently didn't know what they were doing, because the counterweights don't just interchange.