• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

skyking1

yes nice pictures. That's a great chart to get those heavy tanks in there. That first picture of the sewage treatment plant filter had me do a double take, I saw the power lines ( that ended ) and then that bell on the pole and thought you had to work over close wires.

crane operator

I did tear the new link belt up the other day. I lost a air bag on the rear on the way home, and the suspension is a bag on walking beam. Well- you shouldn't drive a walking beam/ bag suspension without one of the bags- it tears up the cross arms.

Its not the first time this has happened, there's been prior repairs in this area. The arm is now all rewelded, and the new bag has showed up. I'm going to order a extra bag so I have one on the shelf, and can replace it on the spot rather than trying to drive home. Live and learn.

IMG_1412.JPG IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1425.JPG

crane operator

I’ve loved cranes since I was a little kid. Even got to play with a boom truck for 6 months when I was an apprentice. I really enjoy the pictures.
Cam

yes nice pictures.

Glad you guys are enjoying the pictures.

I store all my pictures on my home computer. Its amazing how often I look back in quickbooks- find out when we did a job years back, and then go find my pictures of the job. Either because we need to go back and do a repeat and I'm trying to remember how/ where we set up, or I have to do something similar and I want to refresh my memory on how we rigged up something. I have my pictures sorted by month, which makes it a little easier to find them.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
One of my favored comments when someone asks me to repeat a job: 'I have slept since then', meaning is in no way I can remember absolutely what/how we did then!!!
Heck! these days I have problems remembering what I had for breakfast when it's time for lunch!

Natman

I like the chronologically arranged pictures idea. Mine are all jumbled up, keeping track of what and when would make it easier when I realize 3 months later I still haven't been paid, and now so many other homes have been built I'm not sure which one I need to threaten to lien. True story, happened yesterday.
Those electronic signs are a money maker for their owners, a guy I know has one, and says the investment versus income ratio is much better then his rentals, and no tenants to put up with! Billboard work is great, any sign work, always fun seeing it years later, knowing you put it up there.

colson04

I store all my pictures on my home computer.

I hope you regularly use a backup system/service of some kind. I drowned a phone in 2019 that I had not backed up in 9 months. Lost all my pictures of my youngest daughters first year, and many others. I know they are only pictures, but it still hurt knowing they are gone and not coming back.

Also, thank you for sharing your work. I really enjoy this thread, along with several other long running work related threads. I enjoy seeing the day to day of a field of work I've never been a part of.

Last edited:

crane operator

I love the photos but am truly amazed at how clean you keep your cab windows.
Half the time I'm cheating, the top window opens on a lot of the cranes, and so there's no glass between the camera and the work:)

I was cruising around looking at some cranes for sale, and spotted these two jewel's. Check out the digger steer tires on the first one (and some pretty chrome lug nut covers). And the second guy has no need to see the passenger mirror, or for that matter anything on the right side. (typically the boom rests are taller and you can see under the boom- someone's cut this one down)

terex t340 diggers.jpeg t 230 visibility 1.jpgt230 visibility 2.jpg

crane operator

Got new shoes put on the galion yesterday.

I also had new tires that were supposed to go on the link belt rear tandem. But I told them to keep them. I don't know, they just looked like cheap tires to me, and at $500 a pop, I told them I wouldn't mind spending a little more and getting some better tires.

I ordered two different tires, one a hercules, the other a roadmaster (cooper), and I guess I'll pick between the two when they show up, I guess 315's are somewhat in short supply. I could get 8 of either of the ones I have coming, or I could get goodyear's - but they were $1,800 each- and I'm just not paying that for 8 drives.

A warehouse supplier that also sells some local- had absolutely no 315's from any of the lines of tires they handle, and told me to buy whatever I can find.

IMG_1475.JPG IMG_1476.JPG IMG_1477.JPG IMG_1478.JPG

skyking1

those mobile plants get fat with mods, but nobody ever adds an axle for that. Add to that the tires are usually old enough to vote. We had a portable down at the dam job and all the tires looked......not roadworthy.

4x4ford

Occupation
aunts on the strip Currently drive a 1951 chevy pa
Only experience I’ve ever had with roadmaster tires was on some trailers company I drove for leased and within 6 months they had all blown out and been replaced and these were new tires on brand new trailers with the air inflation system

skyking1

If you look at the second picture of the boom down special up there, there is a flipped down section of boom rest that can be flipped up and *(hopefully)* secured in the non-braille setting.
Not too sure about those large caliber bullet holes in the top back side of boom. That does not look factory to me.