• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 544k overheating

Newbury1289

Occupation
Auto/diesel mechanic
i have a 2018 JD 544k with 777 hr the problem i am having is the cooling fan is not working properly, the fan is running at 200rpm at 100% command, and about 500 rpm at wide open throttle, I tested for power at solenoid I have 26v when running, and tested solenoid, this machine does not have reversible fan valve, the hydraulic fluid is at the correct level any advice would be appreciated.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Newbury;)!

Complete machine serial number please.

Unplug the fan solenoid. What is the fan speed at fast idle with 140* oil?

Newbury1289

Occupation
Auto/diesel mechanic
serial# 1DW544KZJJF689767 fan speed at fast idle with solenoid unplugged is about the same at 200rpm, also the fan command with solenoid unplugged stays at 0%

Newbury1289

Occupation
Auto/diesel mechanic
I was thinking either a bad valve or fan motor, any suggestions would be appreciated

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
fan speed at fast idle with solenoid unplugged is about the same at 200rpm

With the solenoid unplugged it should be at full speed (1800 rpm). That indicates a problem with either your fan pump, fan motor, or the fan control valve.

Your serial indicates that you still have the extended powertrain/hydraulic warranty. So I would contact your dealer.