• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International 4130 - Another Chance at Life

kb9tci

Got all the wiring ripped out and reinstalled. Just need to finish the throttle linkage, lights, and some housekeeping details! So close!!

Found out the new LED lights got lost in shipping so I'm hoping the new order is here before the big day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419314332.332968.jpg

kb9tci

We got the finishing touches all buttoned up tonight. Had a bit of an issue hooking up the throttle. Got it finally done. Everything is done but the lights that are supposed to show up tomorrow.

My two younger brothers were quite key in having this ready by Christmas! Thank you both!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419388901.677327.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419388934.210191.jpg

Shimmy1

Looks great. Seeing this old iron really shows how far the machinery has come. Too bad more of this stuff becomes paperclips instead of being brought back to life.

kb9tci

I failed to mention we are giving it to her in the morning. Her Christmas is the day after, due to all the other Christmases to attend, including out own. And yes, Santa definitely found our house this year.

The skid loader is on the trailer, ready to be delivered in the morning. We have quite the strategy planned for the unveiling. I am going to run home when I forgot something, and she is going to get a gift of keys right before I show back up with it behind me. Sounds good, right??

Here it is, ready to go:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419570915.682267.jpg

bobcan

I failed to mention we are giving it to her in the morning. Her Christmas is the day after, due to all the other Christmases to attend, including out own. And yes, Santa definitely found our house this year.

The skid loader is on the trailer, ready to be delivered in the morning. We have quite the strategy planned for the unveiling. I am going to run home when I forgot something, and she is going to get a gift of keys right before I show back up with it behind me. Sounds good, right??

Here it is, ready to go:

Wonderful Work and News, so glad you have got it done ^^ I am SURE the look on her face will be NOTHING short of a Christmas Miracle.. :D

Make sure the Video cameras are running, as many as you can get going from all angles, it will be a classic moment..

Merry Christmas to all out there, have a wonderful holiday season, and Travel Safely if you are!!

kb9tci

Thanks, all for the great comments and support! It was a success!!!

She had a suspicion that she was getting a repower for Christmas, but not a redo! I did not realize until now that my parents bought it originally less than a year old.

It was pretty cool seeing her reaction. She was in it and had it running and ready to get off the trailer quicker than we could unstrap it! Down the driveway she went after backing it off the trailer, and she never likes to back off trailers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419619933.258465.jpg

It definitely made the whole ordeal worth it! Now I'm going to share this thread to her so she can see the process.

Merry Christmas, Mom!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419620039.661274.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419620070.710946.jpg

dkmc

Occupation
Machinist-welder-Designer
WOW!

Amazing! I didn't get any email updates on this thread, and just thought
of it now, after work and holiday distractions, and came here to check on
progress.
What a great job, looks great.
I am sure your Mom is thrilled with the end result.
The other amazing thing is that you were able to make this happen so fast.
Congrats!

dan

MX45

G'day -

You clearly know the 'right' things to treasure in life - brings great things into being - thanks for sharing,

Regards, MX45

pqman

Good Evening, I just picked up an old IH4130. I am in need of decals and noted the superb job you did. Mainly the actuator decal for the two joysticks. Having issues finding anything.

Can you give me any leads to land these?

Thanks, Mike, Middle of da Mitten, Michigan

kb9tci

Good Evening, I just picked up an old IH4130. I am in need of decals and noted the superb job you did. Mainly the actuator decal for the two joysticks. Having issues finding anything.

Can you give me any leads to land these?

Thanks, Mike, Middle of da Mitten, Michigan

Howdy! We actually had them remade with a local shop. If you want, send me a PM and I can pass along the info.

Jeepwalker

I missed the original thread. I love reading posts like these. People definitely get attached to their older machines. That machine looks super, good attention to detail and anti-skid tape to keep your mom from slipping. Nice work, guys!

Probably too early to tell, but, how is the engine holding up so far?

The outfit that made the decals ought to have the program available to print out another set.