• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

i need to buy

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
Fight, you buggers, fight. I HATE peace.

peace? what bloody peace?

it aint bogged till you have at least 3 increasingly larger peices of plant bogged, each one carefully positioned to supposedly pull the next one out.

white soupy clay's the worst stuff i've experienced, cannot pick it and anything that breaks the surface promptly sits on the chassis awaiting help. digging aint nothing but a total waste of time.

i did once bog a horse in quicksand in the burdekin while mustering wannabe wild cattle - it required a landcruiser to get the horse out.

best clearing ball i've read about was that one that landed in siberia a century ago... it cleared about 830 sq miles and roughly 80m trees so wiki tells me.

mind you thats a baby to the one that landed in the nt a few more years ago.

squizzy, deas - where is the oldest geological area in australia? (without resorting to the 'net)

interestingly. geologically, the barkley tablelands have never experienced erosion - a fact which makes it almost unique in the world.

so, what hijack?? (look and learn time ocr!)

Deas Plant

'Oldest' Geological area in Australia

Hi, Mouse.
I think it's the space between Squizzy's ears. It's lain undisturbed by even the faintest of breezes - or thoughts - for about 24.5 billion years. That's about 20 billion years longer than the next oldest geological area in Australia which I believe is parts of the Kimberley, some of the oldest 'turf' on Earth.

mouse

Occupation
close, deas, close. and hi.

but there is an area older according to my book of knowledge. I'm hacking my way through an old library, most of the books are about 50 years old but still good to read. the geology book, title of which i will post within 24 hours, is a most excellent read.

another tome i collected recently is asimov's guide to sciences vols. 1 & 2. far easier to read than hawking.

how many pins in the cat electrical connector squizzy? and is it a canbus system?

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Cause and Effect???

the property values just fell dramatically in his area....well since my wife got off the plane in Brisbane this morning anyway.:rolleyes:

I'd prefer a very long pole... to touch that... :cool2

OCR

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
close, deas, close. and hi.

but there is an area older according to my book of knowledge. I'm hacking my way through an old library, most of the books are about 50 years old but still good to read. the geology book, title of which i will post within 24 hours, is a most excellent read.

another tome i collected recently is asimov's guide to sciences vols. 1 & 2. far easier to read than hawking.

how many pins in the cat electrical connector squizzy? and is it a canbus system?

You need to find a book called the Geology of Western Australia's National Parks by Peter Lane. The book is very easy to read but has one glaring error. It lists "Mass Extinctions" in the Cretaceous Period of 144-65 Million Years ago. The author doesn't appear to have been aware that Deas survived that period.:cool2

Steven Hawking admitted he was wrong though......;)

However, "oldest" must be geolistified to "bit of mother earth that has been geologically stable and exposed to the elements for the longest period". Excluding Deas this would be what is known as the Yilgarn Craton and the Pilbara Craton. Geologists believe several "bits" of Alaska and an area around Onslow provide the oldest Radio Carbon decays.....but...what the hell, the whole planet is only 4.6 Billion Years old....you have to remember that Deas is older than dirt itself:notworthy:rolleyes::D:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh

J.M. Barrie said I'm not young enough to know everything

:D

and if this thread doesn't pick up soon I'm gunna be looking for a new job:eek:

Balls!

how many pins in the cat electrical connector squizzy?
5 (older) or 8 (newer)..depends

and is it a canbus system?

No, not yet, currently only Challengers run a full/true CanBus in the Baby Poo yellow brigade......but I don't follow that stuff these days

Did you know that the earth doesn't spin...it more or less "wobbles".....now what would it be that causes the out of balance??:D:D

Balls!

Last edited:

Deas Plant

Cause and effect????????????????????

Hi, OCR.
I'll happily touch that one - with just my bare fingers on the keyboard.

If Squizzy246B is silly enough to marry and stay married to anybody who can lower property values so dramatically by simply visiting an area, more fool him. LOL.

Personally, I would have thought he would have chosen a little more wisely, based on my assessment of some of his posts here on these forums. Just goes to show, you never can tell. LOL.

CHAINS

mouse

Occupation
ok then, so what happens when we hit the next period without magnetic poles? will that be the trigger for the extinction of humans?

geoscience australia lists somewhere different (i think) - mt narryer. my shoddy geography suggests to me that is somewhere near meekathara/gascoyne

life at the extremes makes for an interesting read too.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
If Squizzy246B is silly enough to marry and stay married to anybody who can lower property values so dramatically by simply visiting an area, more fool him. LOL.

Perhaps she is so dazzlingly lovely that the local women all feel inferior, and the local men all want to move to Perth to be closer to her? That would lower property values, woudn't it? :cool2

OCR

Occupation
Land Speculation???

If I were....

married to anybody who can lower property values so dramatically by simply visiting an area

and I had money... I think I'd be trailing along with my check book.... :cool2

Buy it up, and clear it with the ball and chain method... of course.

And what didn't need to be cleared... maybe try for an...

Extreme Makeover. Home Edition.... ;) :)

OCR

Last edited:

Deas Plant

Local Malcontents

Hi, OCR.
It's good that some of the members here can stay at least partially on topic at least part of the time. I notice that Digger242j did not include any mention of 'chaining' or 'balls for' in his post above.

"THREAD HI-JACKER."

I am wondering what might have happened to the thread originator that he hasn't gotten back to us with further information about his job or further requests for information. Maybe some of the local malcontents cut his phone lines?

2 metre - 4 metre diameter trunks are fairly big trees to be chaining, especially the 4 metre ones, even with a pair of D11R's or T's and a 4- or 5-inch chain, unless they have roots made from 3-ply sheeting or balsa wood. I'm a little curious to know just what he is planning on using to do the job.

OCR

Occupation
Local Malcontents... Possible!!!

The tress are sadly very large african hardwoods & are older than most of our combined ages - 2 to 4m dia.

Yes Deas,

Something does seem to be a bit off here.

One meter (metre=British...;)) is equal to 3.3 feet...rounded.
4m x 3.3= 13.2 feet in diameter... or... 41.5 feet in circumference..... :eek:

That's a good size tree... if my math is right.

african hardwoods

Also seems like some valuable wood.... :beatsme

Especially to just drag down with balls and a chain..... :p....:)

OCR

Deas Plant

Maths????????????????????

Hi, OCR.
I see the wheels and cogs are slowly grinding between your ears too. There isn't much wrong with your math.

From what I can gather from the LIMITED data available from Google searches seem to indicate that the vegetation of Northern Mozambique consists largely of small areas of forest, up to around 20 square km in area, interspersed with larger areas of savannah landscape. You might like to take at this PDF document:
http://www.mareja.com/mareja/_images/quirimbanp.pdf

It has some photos of the area's vegetation. It does not cover the whole area of Northern Mozambique but I didn't see any trees that looked as if they might be 4 metres in diameter.

I await further information from Maputowhite.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
It's good that some of the members here can stay at least partially on topic at least part of the time. I notice that Digger242j did not include any mention of 'chaining' or 'balls for' in his post above.

"THREAD HI-JACKER."

Ahh, but Deas, perhaps the association is too subtle for you. My post referring the Mrs Squizzy was on-topic.

Wives are often referred to as a "ball and chain".... :p

mouse

Occupation
Hi, Digger242j.
That took a while. A woman such as you describe would not be so likely to be called a 'ball and chain'.

i beg to differ. a wife that is not a bnc would fly under the radar and not lower property prices.

one enjoys peace when they can get it...

how much anchor chain would you like. if it enters oz waters i can get hold of it... indeed i have a few barrels sitting in my shed as we speak.

as for mines. i can point you at at few reputablr suppliers.

ah. what would you pay for a 5t excavator with 3k hours right now?

Deas Plant

Mines? Reputable suppliers?

Hi, Mouse.
If you know of people who can supply these mines and you have been following this thread, how come you didn't mention this earlier? Just curious?

How many links of, say 3", anchor chain do you get in a barrel? Most of the chain that I've seen come in a barrel is about fit for tying a dog, if you're into that sort of thing.

I wouldn't pay anything for a 5T excavator at the moment. How-wevver, if you wanted to send it to me as a gift, I'd feel obliged to accept it graciously. Should I thank you in anticipation and look for it in my letterbox?

Last edited:

mouse

Occupation
to answer q2 first. not many. how many barrels would you like?

yes, i do know a couple of mine suppliers but will they deal wth you? especially if my name gets invoked...

be careful what you wish for.

re 5t. about what i thought. i'm looking for a farm toy for about 200 hours a year at a 5t level but the bigger the better as its mainly just to work ironstone. as i dont need to transport it ever a 100T would do... unfortunately in my game i do need to wave the flag.

Deas Plant

To answer you in order.

Hi, Mouse.
I don't want any chain. I'm not into tying up dogs.

They wouldn't be dealing with me. It was Maputowhite who wanted some balls to put into his chain for a job in Mozambique. And I'm not wishing for anything.

So I don't need to look for the 5-tonner in my letterbox?

mouse

Occupation
So I don't need to look for the 5-tonner in my letterbox?

ah - so you do believe in santa claus then...

its the same old story - insert dollars and anything is possible. maputo asks the questions of innocents.

i'd just be asking how much do i need to pay :notworthy

for the record, i do not supply mines but if i deem you basically worthy i can point you at legit-ish people who do. i prefer my life very very simple indeed.

can they supply to that area? i do not know and i absolutely don't want to know for the same reason.