• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

i need to buy

Deas Plant

Santa Claus and other fairy tales.

Hi, Mouse.
To the best of my knowledge, Santa Claus, if he does indeed exist, does not deliver to letterboxes.

I suspect that Maputowhite, if he is genuine, has asked about availability and who might supply his needs in order to find where he might direct further enquiries regarding prices, etc..

I think I can understand why you might choose to distance yourself from any people who might be involved in the supply of such items as mines. How-wevver, I'm not the one that you would need to consider 'worthy' since I am NOT in the market for any mines, at least not the 'go-bang' type.

Happy selling and supplying.

maputowhite

not at all just back from the bush

Hi, OCR.
It's good that some of the members here can stay at least partially on topic at least part of the time. I notice that Digger242j did not include any mention of 'chaining' or 'balls for' in his post above.

"THREAD HI-JACKER."

I am wondering what might have happened to the thread originator that he hasn't gotten back to us with further information about his job or further requests for information. Maybe some of the local malcontents cut his phone lines?

2 metre - 4 metre diameter trunks are fairly big trees to be chaining, especially the 4 metre ones, even with a pair of D11R's or T's and a 4- or 5-inch chain, unless they have roots made from 3-ply sheeting or balsa wood. I'm a little curious to know just what he is planning on using to do the job.

Been out in the bush only sat fone comms.
It's 4 x D9R dozers & a 2 x 320c excavators doing the main clearing.
They also have a range of Savannah plougs,rakes & blades.
I got the balls(apt)from two suppliers 1 in the US & 1 in China idential specs etc & the prices are with in a few $ of each other.
Will post some fotos for you all in the coming days.

Cheers.

Scrub Puller

Yair... maputowhite for what its worth (if you are still following this thread) three tractors working together are very effective in heavy timber. With Allis HD 21's we used to run our main chain at about 360 to 400 feet with the centre tractor on a 150 to 180 foot leader shackled to the centre by way of a heavy triangle flame cut from four inch plate.

In operation the centre machine was to some extent a "free agent" as much of the time he wasn't under load. He could wander around just leaning the big stuff...it is critical to try and NOT push it over.

If the centre tractor and the inside or outside machine hit a snag and start to spin their tracks the centre machine backs up allowing the other two to take the load, when he hits it again its surprising what will jump out of the ground.

Can't imagine why you are having trouble with the chain clogging up with trash. It happens occasionaly, thats why you try to avoid pushing trees over, but it should'nt be a problem.

You need to teach your operators how to cross and work the chain, it's no problem to clatter back and sort out a pile of dragging crap.

The guys here were pretty right, the hi-ball in the centre of the chain was to give it a bit of extra height. In effect if you were stuck on a tree it was possible toget the chain about six feet up with a bit of stuffing round.

The whole concept was a pain in the butt and as well as I remember no one persevered with it for very long. The lo-balls that I tried were solid cast iron, about two feet in diameter and the theory was they would prevent the chain from riding up.

They were a waste of time too. Nothing we ever tried was as effective as two and a half inch stud-link behind the D8's and 21's and three inch Esco dragline chain on the
D9's.