• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I have a theory............

Vetech63

I've been seriously wondering why there have been no more 60+ page threads on this forum about........you know.......oil pressure and such.
After weighing all the possible reasons I could think of......there is only one that makes perfect since.

There is wayyy too much knowledge here. There is too much specialized info and support here. Too many friendly faces and too many willing to help.

SO, if we want to be entertained by a lengthy, entertaining thread......those kind that you can't wait to get home, cook up some popcorn, or have a nice drink to be entertained for days or weeks on end....well, there is only ONE solution.

We all need to dumb down. Let me know what percentage of dumb down you are willing to sacrifice. LOL

Great job fellas..........Have a great day!;)

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I don't know, I think it is an issue with the quality of new members. Not enough over confident retired guys with big egos and disposable cash.

Maybe some targeted advertising?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I don't know, I think it is an issue with the quality of new members. Not enough over confident retired guys with big egos and disposable cash.
As I have a habit of saying to my wife when she starts a conversation with "I think" (I must be either fireproof or have a death wish) "You're not half as smart as you think you are"..........

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well if'n you want me to work out the math to figure out the percentage of how much to dumb down then I can't be being dumb enough to dumb down, no more than if I dumb down enough to be dumb enough to not how how to figure the math then I'm gonna be too dumb'd down to give you the percentage.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Well if'n you want me to work out the math to figure out the percentage of how much to dumb down then I can't be being dumb enough to dumb down, no more than if I dumb down enough to be dumb enough to not how how to figure the math then I'm gonna be too dumb'd down to give you the percentage.

I don't maths either.

Welder Dave

I don't know how my last manager at a big industrial supply managed to keep a job let alone being promoted to manager. She was always the last one to show up, the 1st one to leave and had the stupidest excuses for not coming to work. It was largely because her boss was hundreds of miles away at the main office in another province. I had to ask her something one day and she tried to hide her cel. phone while I knocked on her open door. She had to stay home 1 day because she had a flat tire. Another time she had to leave early to take her kid to a Dr's. appt. despite the fact I heard her say that her firefighter husband, who was home could take the kid. Worst was when she pulled the translucent shades in her office, closed the door and slouched down in her highback chair with the back turned to the window, put a kind of shawl on and had a nap for about an hour and a half. My cubicle was right in front of her office and you could still kind of see in her office. She woke up and came out kind of groggy looking because she had to go to the bathroom. Another guy who'd been there 40 years said he's never seen anything like it. She never lifted a finger to help us out like the old manager did. On a Friday before a long weekend she let us all go home an hour and a half early. Great for us but not so much for customers looking for help. The boss says you can go home, I'm not questioning it. Most deserving person to get booted out of a job I've ever witnessed. Apparently she pulled the same crap as an account manager according to a branch manager that knew her.

JD955SC

I don't know how my last manager at a big industrial supply managed to keep a job let alone being promoted to manager. She was always the last one to show up, the 1st one to leave and had the stupidest excuses for not coming to work. It was largely because her boss was hundreds of miles away at the main office in another province. I had to ask her something one day and she tried to hide her cel. phone while I knocked on her open door. She had to stay home 1 day because she had a flat tire. Another time she had to leave early to take her kid to a Dr's. appt. despite the fact I heard her say that her firefighter husband, who was home could take the kid. Worst was when she pulled the translucent shades in her office, closed the door and slouched down in her highback chair with the back turned to the window, put a kind of shawl on and had a nap for about an hour and a half. My cubicle was right in front of her office and you could still kind of see in her office. She woke up and came out kind of groggy looking because she had to go to the bathroom. Another guy who'd been there 40 years said he's never seen anything like it. She never lifted a finger to help us out like the old manager did. On a Friday before a long weekend she let us all go home an hour and a half early. Great for us but not so much for customers looking for help. The boss says you can go home, I'm not questioning it. Most deserving person to get booted out of a job I've ever witnessed. Apparently she pulled the same crap as an account manager according to a branch manager that knew her.

Diversity is a powerful factor in incompetence getting and keeping jobs. It always disgusts me
to see a useless jackwagon getting a job they would never get if they didn’t check a box for political correctness.