• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

harpo

found the site by searching on Yahoo. I've restored a number of old cars, tractors and even a skidsteer. Now I'm looking for a dozer to fix up that i can use on my parents farm to do some clearing work. I can get a Fiat Allis FD 9 cheap i think but has a blown engine so I'm trying ti find something that would work before offer to buy

BZ59

New Here.
Just bought a Dresser 125E and was looking for a place to learn about my machine, along with all the manuals I got also.
Looking forward to learning!
BZ59

hitachikid

Buddy told me about this site. Although hes new too lol. I am local 150 Operating Engineer and love my trade. Its like being a kid in a sandbox sometimes.

orsinc

Another new guy here, I found this great site searching for help for my Dresser td8g. The track adjuster blew the seal and I am trying to find out if I have to break the track to repair it. I do not have the books yet, but with this forum I believe I will get better help than just the books. I own my own small machine shop and have worked a lot of equipment but not dozers.

Thanks Byron

BZ59

Bryon,
I`m new hear also, starting to get around, and enjoying. I dont know too much about your machine, but I think it may be like mine, except a dozer. I think you will have to break the track, and then the front idler, out, to repair the adjusting seal. But I am no expert. I did get most the manuals though. Very helpful.
Good Luck!
BZ59

orsinc

Thanks BZ, I am going to try and get the adjuster out first, but I made several drive pins just in case. I do not know how easy or hard it will be, but if I can not get the pin out I will be asking more questions. The man I got the dozer from is trying to find the manuals, but I will buy them if I have to.

Kiwi Will

I have inherited some old loaders, tractors & trucks which have had little maintenance. Old machinery is often scrapped here in NZ as there are few wrecking yards to obtain replacement bits. It also means that with smaller numbers of earlier machines brought into the country, fewer folks know what the problems maybe when repairs/maintenance info is needed. When some machines have good donkeys but sad smaller bits or what ever, then now with the net, it's being a real asset in accessing info and keeping them going another decade or so. I've found excellent UK & USA sites for some problems and recently found this site by doing a search on Google. Although only recently found, this site look really great. Nicely laid out and easy to access, certainly lots of knowledgeable guys giving information so generously and I really appreciate the effort given by all. I look forward to accessing it more and hopefully, will be able to pass on my experiences in the future.
Cheers guys !

Digger Dan

Found you guys with a googie search:D
Gonna have some questions for you folks once I've done searching the forums, great site though.
Oh and I just picked up an 08 Kubota 161 with 200 hours on it for residential construction projects:drinkup

ts-24 frank

Occupation
retired trucker-part time bus driver
i found you by searching out info on euc/terex scrapers. trying to figure out how to talk to you all and how to post. ts-24 frank, i love what i am reading, like the different points of view. the last time i ran a scraper was a single but all the nomenclature was panted over that is what the army does ( 330th eng bt) 1969-72. i hope i am doing this right

kthompson

I found it looking for help on a Volvo Excavator. The other two sites I visit did not provide the help I was looking for. Guess what, neither has this one. :) That tells me my problem must be very narrow. Sure have enjoyed some conversations here.