• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Did You Find Us?

stlyns

I googled "heavy equipment forum" a couple of years ago, and this site turned up...been lurking ever since. joined today

JCasper

Hi, my name is Joe and I live just to the west of Portland Oregon.

I found this site through an aquaintance on the local diesel truck forum.

A guy there was just recently looking for a backhoe and asked for some advice. He ended up purchasing I believe a John Deere.

I just bought some property and will be doing an addition on the house, building a driveway, clearing some brush, stumps, etc.

I have a small Kubota B7510, but it's not large enough for a lot of what I need to do. After seeing how cheap backhoes are going for I have been entertaining the idea of purchasing a Case 580 for the property.

2stagefanWI

I was searching for some images of a old Cat loader, i think it was a 966C and i came across your site and knew i had to join it! Glad to find a site as great as this, theres endless information on any heavy equipment here!

iain

Occupation
mechanical technician
Hello found you when I was looking for info on a JCB 814. I am in the North of Scotland. Cracking site.

Lee-online

I can't believe this forum has been around this long and i only just found it.

I was searching google images for a pic of something and i found it. been lurking for a few weeks and just joined.

Rod Michaelson

Occupation
equipment manager
Working together on emissions

Steve,

A friend told me of your site and I like it. One area that needs to have it's own section will be Emissions and emission solutions.

The new emission laws are heading to the nation. Here in Northern California we are trying to work together: manufacturers, dealers, unions, trade associations, suppliers to come up with a game plan to survive these new government imposed regulations.

For the last two years I have dedicated about 10 to 20 hours a week just on emission issues.

As one of three contractors on the California Air Resources Board's Off-road implementation advisory group, I have been trying to add common sense to the dialog.

We are in the age of the "watermellon" controlled government. Green on the outside and red on the inside. The environmentalist hate us and would just as soon see us all fail. If you think any of your readers are immune, then they need to wake up to the reality of living in 2010.

If you establish an emissions sub-forum I would be pleased to help moderate it.
Currently I have had a Yahoo group for the last 18 months:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CARBoffroaddiesel/
The 15,000hp that I am responsible for is compliant through 2013, but unless we can change the governments thinking, not sure how we get past that.

Welcome to Sunday morning at 7am. Now off to walk the dogs in the rain.

Rod Michaelson
Endangered middle-class, free-market capitalist
http://endangeredfreemarketcapitalist.blogspot.com

Koehringman

New Emissions Forum

Steve,

A friend told me of your site and I like it. One area that needs to have it's own section will be Emissions and emission solutions.

The new emission laws are heading to the nation. Here in Northern California we are trying to work together: manufacturers, dealers, unions, trade associations, suppliers to come up with a game plan to survive these new government imposed regulations.

For the last two years I have dedicated about 10 to 20 hours a week just on emission issues.

As one of three contractors on the California Air Resources Board's Off-road implementation advisory group, I have been trying to add common sense to the dialog.

We are in the age of the "watermellon" controlled government. Green on the outside and red on the inside. The environmentalist hate us and would just as soon see us all fail. If you think any of your readers are immune, then they need to wake up to the reality of living in 2010.

If you establish an emissions sub-forum I would be pleased to help moderate it.
Currently I have had a Yahoo group for the last 18 months:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/CARBoffroaddiesel/
The 15,000hp that I am responsible for is compliant through 2013, but unless we can change the governments thinking, not sure how we get past that.

Welcome to Sunday morning at 7am. Now off to walk the dogs in the rain.

Rod Michaelson
Endangered middle-class, free-market capitalist
http://endangeredfreemarketcapitalist.blogspot.com

I Second That.

Justin

Occupation
owner operator
stumbled in on it

I found this by accident looking for info on old equipment and like the info a young guy gets from it

BestTyreProtect

Good morning

I have googled up with key words "jcb forum" and here you are.
I d like though to ask an admin why i can't access the "New members" topic in order to intrduce my self,
also i d like to show me if there is any topic in order to place an offer to those that have some heavy equipment which runs with tubeless tyres.Thank you a lot and i am waiting for your soonest responce.
Regards,
Peter.

BestTyreProtect

Tyre Protection Sealant

Dear Steve,
Id like to let me know where i can place an offer for this as i am a producer and seller of Tyre Protection Sealant in order the users can see it compare it with other similar products and/or buy as individual buyers or, as a group for your machinery.
Brief presentation :
BEST Tyre Protection Sealant is liquid vulcanised rubber enforced with fibres. It is injected into the tyre through the valve, using a pump, in certain quantity defined by tyre size. The application is very easy, no need to dismantle the wheel from the machine or the tyre from the rim. Full technical details and instructions are available upon request.

Results:

KEEP TYRE PROPERLY INFLATED BY SEALING ANY AIR PRESSURE LEAKAGE :
• FROM RUBBER HIDDEN PORES
• FROM THE EDGE OF THE RIM
• BY CREATING AUTOMATICALLY A PATCH IN THE TREAD AREA, CURING RUBBER WITH RUBBER
• FROM THE EDGE OF BIG PIECES IF THEY ARE STUCK IN THE RUBBER MASS

SIDEWALLS WILL RUN COOLER BY ABSORBING THERMAL & ELECTRIC STRAIN

PROTECT FROM RUST USING VERY STRONG RUST INHIBITORS

BALANCE THE WHEEL DYNAMICALLY CENTRIFIGULAR FORCES ADD WEIGHT TO THE WEAKEST POINT

My site in order to get more infos is : http://www.best.com.gr/indexeng.html

Id like to let me know the above i ask and i hope that this is useful for everybody that runs a machine with tubeless tyres...
Regards,
Peter.

goodearth13

Occupation
Patrol Man for Sioux County
Steve, I was searching the term patrol on Google & your site was the second listing showing the ad for the pictures & forum. I clicked on the site & it led me to the pictures of the largest graders & it's all history from there. 8 hrs later my wife opened the bedroom (1:30AM) door asked if I was going to stay up all night. I had read Randy Krieg's post on plowing snow in Alaska, & later his great photos of the housing & drill rig move on the ice highway, the Canadian that has a wife & two daughters that blade roads, read about how to cure the harmonic bounce of a blade, and lots of other good tidbits of information. I even got to tell some of my stories to a new crowd. I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge that is being shared with by one & all, and without the usual sarcasm. I posted a question about a problem we are having with our 140H & have already gotten 3 really helpful posts with great suggestions for solving the problem. It's really refreshing. I have mentioned in several posts & answers to posts that HEF is really the Facebook for "dirt stiffs". Thanks for making it available to us. Wish I had found it years ago. Now if I can just learn how to post some pictures.

Ranch Hand

My brother (countryliving) told me about this site. Told me there was a lot of knowledge and willing to help memebers. Thank you all.