• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Thanks I will look them up...
I just looked at a M1101 trailer.pretty cool and just happens to be the color (drab green)Mary wants me to paint the truck...
A friend was here today and suggested I just build my own..He has a point.

diamondtguy

Occupation
The M1101 is a cool trailer.Nice that the box is aluminum.There is one for sale just up the road.Not a cheap trailer at $4500 but certainly looks the part....I will keep hunting around and see what stirs me..

.3503745_01_m1101_military_aluminum_off_ro_640.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
Well done then...There are 2 in Nanaimo BC for $5000 ea..Average US price is aprox $2000....You did well.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Not much going on in the Grizzly den.I wont road test till it stops raining so it may be a while..Wired up the air compressor and exhaust brake switch.I have a couple of interior lights to power up and that's it for the wiring.Still waiting on the interior guy.Having to spend my time in my heated shop isn't bothering me to much...
Havent found a shifter knob that I like so I just spun one up on my lathe for now.
Little terminal strip is for the exhaust brake and compressor.Its fused and saves running a bunch of wires under the dash.I will clamp the wires down with p-clamps.Front speakers are next..

grizzly 005.JPG grizzly 006.JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
Hooked up the rest of the lights this weekend.I put two little LED lights in the seat risers.There are no door switches and not sure if there is any room in the jam for them so just put a switch in the seat riser..They are bright enough to see to get in the truck.
I also put my LED roof light back in.I have the rear view mirror mounted in the same location.It is farther forward to what it was but I may push it another 6" towards the front.There is no steel to anchor it to past where it is...So I will need to get creative..
The roof light is ridiculously bright..Next week I will install and wire up the new trailer plug..
I will clean and detail the seat tracks when the seat gets a color change..

grizzly 003.JPG grizzly 004.JPG grizzly 003.JPG grizzly 006.JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
Thanks...
Finally got a antenna today..I had to order it in from the stereo shop where I bought my sound equip..They don't stock antenna's to speak of..
Its a dual mount side mount.100% quality made chywonesse pc...It will do for now..
Hummed and hawed about where to put it.This was my choice..It is out of harms way and the cable is up out of the way..The original hole in the cowl has been plugged...

stuff 003 (4).JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
Found this pic of Bart the bear the other day..A great pic of him.1500lbs of Kodiak brown bear...
Seeing one in person is on my bucket list...

ku-xlarge.jpg

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Thanks...
Finally got a antenna today..I had to order it in from the stereo shop where I bought my sound equip..They don't stock antenna's to speak of..
Its a dual mount side mount.100% quality made chywonesse pc...It will do for now..
Hummed and hawed about where to put it.This was my choice..It is out of harms way and the cable is up out of the way..The original hole in the cowl has been plugged...

View attachment 175434
Good location. Had to look twice to find it. Well done

diamondtguy

Occupation
Weather still sucks but I am slowly finishing all the little things.Interior guy is back and finishing the front panels...Not sure what he is doing but I guess I will find out when they are done..
Truck hasn't run for about six weeks so I plugged it in around noon and fired it up late afternoon.I have two big diesel (pick up size) batteries and a high toque starter.Truck pretty much starts instantly...I let it run till for about 15-20 minutes..
All is good.....

grizzly 001.JPG

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Hey there DTG. Not sure if you have found a Rebco box or not but I found this one on the Island if you are interested. My email is sp_woods@outlook.com
75" wide and 84" long.20171127_113730.jpg

Attachments

• 20171127_113739.jpg
    20171127_113739.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20171127_113755.jpg
    20171127_113755.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 60

diamondtguy

Occupation
Thanks...must have a good floor in it I see it retains water....I will pass on that one thanks.Removing those tool boxes and welding up the sides is alittle more than I had in mind...
Thanks

diamondtguy

Occupation
Four more interior panels today.Speakers are in and hooked up.Pass front panel will be easy,drivers front not so muchgrizzly 003.JPG grizzly 006.JPG grizzly 008.JPG grizzly 009.JPG ..
Will be nice to see it outside and in the sun.Light bulbs and flash just don't do it.Should be warm comfortable and quiet inside.Doesnt look like a off road interior but unless I lose my left leg this truck is going to be my daily driver.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Floor in the Grizzly den was dry today so I crawled under the back and installed the new trailer plug and wired it all up.Not sure where the plug came from,I got both ends plus a adapter.I think they came with the truck in a box and I was told that its the one to use.I also buttoned up the pico terminal box for good..Sure looks better and tidier than the original assembly.
I finally stepped on the clutch today and everything felt fine.Tomorrow weather permitting I will pull the truck out under its own power...car 005.JPG

grizzly 007 (33).JPG grizzly 008 (23).JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
Pulled the Grizzly out of its den today.Everthing was fine.P/S still has some air in it and I don't like the pad angle on the clutch pedal.I may cut the pedal apart and change it..I have to adjust the height as well...Puttered up and down the drive way a bit in it.Rain caps are off because they are very close to a horizontal pole on the tent..
All in all it went well and I walked away a happy boy.

grizzly 004.JPG grizzly 005.JPG grizzly 006.JPG grizzly 007.JPG