• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z60 Travel Issue

JAY-MV

I have a 2000 Genie z60/24 dual fuel which will driving fine Except it does not seem to have any drive torque to climb up the ramps of my tag trailer, The original horsepower board voltages remain around 12 vts (2 and 10) and was not able to adjust voltage per manual. Purchased a new upgraded aftermarket board, and could set voltages per manual (2 and 10 - set 10 vts high idle A pot, .2 vts low idle C pot, 2.4 vts boom raised. Now Machine wont move in low idle and MAD surge in High rpm , boom down. Adjusting C helps a little but still terrible surge. Voodoomojo gave voltage reading WHILE moving. I'm assuming service manual is setting voltages in neutral - it says nothing about in drive voltages. Is it adjustments, HP board, control valve..... I am going to look at voltages in drive tomorrow. Rebuilt engine ECU and installed new NAPA alternator. Engine is running fine (after spending months figuring incorrect temp sender will stall motor once it hits 150 degrees). Machine did climb ramps when I bought it a little over a year ago
MODELZ-60 / 4WD
SERIEL NUMBER2207
MODEL YEAR2000
ELEC. SCHEMATC #ESZ60F