• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

skyking1

Sort of like when I was on that one bed bugging trip and supposedly on the rest cycle every time I'm loading and unloading that truck! I didn't need to run three log books I just cooked the one I had three times.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
and that management attitude is a big part of the shortage. I’m not doing a crappy, hard job for ungrateful jack wagons.
Very true! If we still had the upper management that we had before that guy took over there is a chance I would have stayed on beyond 65!

Back I think it was the year I hit 30 years with the company. The guy who they fired to put this jerk in power made it a point to find out where I had been sent to work on my anniversary day at a different quarry to present me with a "Thanks'! letter" and a bonus check.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Went to work as usual yesterday at 5:00 am. Finished at 12:30 am today-had a 340 mile tow.
Here this morning at 5:00 am. The bosses a$$ is going squeak when I retire not to far in the
future.

I dare say a load of Bosses will be looking at stalled work and equipment as we all just retire permanently. Is few to any if in instances none behind us to pick it back up at our level of deliveries. And WE are OLD, Tired, Worn Slick!!

Raildudes dad

I look at the younger guys to take my place and shake my head. A couple have been there 10 years. They just do their assignments and have no interest in knowing the whole picture. No interest in knowing the historical info or where to find the info.

crane operator

CO, you’re a “glass half full” kinda guy, huh?
Nah, I'm a guy with a project in my barn, wanna come look?:)

Ich habe einen Doktortitel in italienischer Rutabaga-Harvester reparatur. Sollte einfach sein

Oh buddy they've got your number. Talk about a round peg for a round hole.

And the rutabagas are rotting in the fields.

And here you are still posting on the internet? You've got the skills, break out that old set of whitworth wrenches and get to it!

Have a question about rutabagas. What is the growing cycle for them?

What kind of mechanic needs to know how the machine is supposed to work in order to fix it? Its broken. Cummy's got the right attitude, he just can't get going. You're asking about growing cycles?:(

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Something I was told back in the 80s as to how management was sent to a site for training on how to be politically correct jerks, that way they sounded nice as were being arrogantly ignorant to the employees they depended on to get the work done. The terminology 'keep them angry as they will work harder' was their basis, pretty well stupid.

kshansen

Occupation
Something I was told back in the 80s as to how management was sent to a site for training on how to be politically correct jerks, that way they sounded nice as were being arrogantly ignorant to the employees they depended on to get the work done. The terminology 'keep them angry as they will work harder' was their basis, pretty well stupid.
Sounds like the guy I was talking about might have been the guy who came up with that theory!

Crummy

One of the questions from the oral board for promotion to crew lead at a place I worked at was:
"If upper management told you to discipline someone working under you and you knew that the employee was innocent of the infraction, what would you do?"
You guess what the correct answer was to move up the ladder.

kshansen

Occupation
Rutabagas, parsnips and turnips should be cooked with liver. After it's cooked throw it all away and eat the pan. Those 4 items are not food.:)
I recall mom making pot roast, loved it except when she tried slipping in some parsnips that looked too close to potatoes, what a shock to the taste buds that was!

skyking1

They also go to class so that they learn how to pull a single pickup onto a big dirt show and stop nine pieces of iron with one move. It's a perverse sort of chess.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Wife puts a few turnips in the roasts for me, learned to love them as a kid at Great Aunt and Uncle's farm. Great Uncle would pluck one from the ground, wash it in a bucket of water cut away top and root then eat like a apple.
Have a Mother caused yearning for GOOD Beef Liver dinners.