• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford backhoes

ButchNH

vp4414996_1.jpgHi, New to the forum. Recently purchased a 1988 555B that has around 900 hours for use on our property. This is my first backhoe and I'm still getting to know the machine. I've downloaded an operators manual and have started to look around for the service manual. I've put a few hours on the machine since it was delivered and it appears sound. The lights just quit working so I'm trying to figure that out. I'm not sure where to purchase the manual as there seems to be a large price difference depending on where you purchase. Tips, advice and insight on owning this machine are appreciated.

U103464

I have just registered on this site and am not too sure how to post my question thus replying to this earlier thread. I recently bought a Ford digger 655A. I was coming home after doing a bit of work with the digger and turned in the farm road then into a field. All of a sudden I had no transmission. On checking earlier threads, the machine now starts with the shuttle lever in forward, neutral and reverse whereas it only used to start in neutral.....but alas no transmission drive.