• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dynahoe

onedynahoe

Occupation
Real Estate
I don't know much about the Dynahoe's as I have just puchased one and the model C was built back in the 60's I have been told they started in 1965....I have a 1967 Hi Dynamic Dynahoe Model C....as a matter of fact I have paper work back to 1967 when it was purchased....the 120's etc came later.....I am of course looking for some parts...master cyliders, brakes etc....any help I would appreciate Thanks

truthnugget

I am looking at a Dynahoe backhoe with interest to purchase if I can find parts for it. Engine tags did not reflect the model #. However I did get some numbers off the engine and pump. Please respond if you have any information as to what model it is. I have been told it is a 1962 year tractor.

# on engine block: J51677 (77 looked much like the pie symbol)
# on fuel pump: P4685
# on engine 6000JJ (or pie emblem instead of JJ or 77)

My name is Bob Feldmeier. My e-mail address is feldmeier_robert@hotmail.com

Crocker

All dyna-Hoes have there serial numbers on the top of the front frame rail , the first 3 digits will be the model it might look like this AD160-2117 or 140-2114, also if the plate on the dash is still there you will find the serial number there.

Armand Tatro

Occupation
Semi-truck owner/driver
I had a Model A that was built in 1960. At that time The Hydynamic co had Models A, B, and C. I brought my model A used in 1970. About that time the 140, 160, and I think 180 came out. These three models were 2-wheel drive. I think the 170 and 190 were 4-wheel drive. My Model A had a Continental 6 cyl. gas emgine. It was a good machine. Armand

farmerjay

I am new to the Heavy Equipment Forums website, so I have a question for all you Dynahoe experts. Now, I am unfamiliar with Dynahoe tractors and was wondering if anyone could tell me where the serial number plates are located or how you can tell by looking at it whether it is a 140,160, or 190 from the tractor's components. I have one spotted and have no idea what size it is. There are no decals or markings that I can find. Thanks for your feedback.

geno39

Yes Dynahoe made a HiDynamic Model C believe it was in the 60's I owned one of them still have some info on it if I can find it...it was a power house in them days could do more than any of these new 410's 416's 590's etc.

AndrewMM

I hope someone is still using this thread for Dynahoe newbies. I am buying a 67-68 Dynahoe 140 and was curious to see if anyone knew where the side panels of the cab could be purchased from? Also interested in trying to find any specs on this bad boy.

Attachments

• Dynahoe pic 1.png
    Dynahoe pic 1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

Joe DiNapoli

Can someone please tell me how to identify my Dynahoe? It has a Detroit 3 cylinder diesel. How can i tell if it is a 140,160 or 190?

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Got a pic???? :) one of the main differences of the 190 is the self level bucket linkage.

JAKES.

Hi all, i have a dynahoe 120. It is in need of a overhaul and in terrible condition with a broken ford industrial engine. I intend to fix it on the reason it is so heavy and they dont make 'em like that anymore. A sidenote:someone told me that the dynahoe model #'s correlated to the hoes reach 120=12 ft, 140 =14ft, 160=16ft.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    834.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

AndrewMM

Glad to see other people out there still working on their Dynahoe. Anyone have specs for a 67-68 140? I need to know the dry weight if possible. Need cab sides too.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Finding original sides will be a one in a million thing... and that's just for one! most of the equipment wrecking yards around here that had any dynahoe parts have since scrapped them of course this is an east coast machine so the majority of stuff is on the east coast ;) but.... your best bet would be fab something up :)
The good thing about these machines is they were made with pretty generic truck parts for a lot of things like axles,tranny's,etc... so not too hard to fix or find that stuff.

here are a couple pages from one of my hoes books... can't remember the year but mid 60's somewhere... :)

dynahoe-pg604.jpg dynahoe-pg605.jpg